Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Community » Rat rehoming and rescue help

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: 2 adult male rats, Birmingham
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:41 pm 

FR username: HartnyBabbs
Email: hollybabbs@hotmail.co.uk

Location: I'm based in Birmingham (West Midlands) but happy to travel around and outside of the midlands area to get them to a good home.

Number of rats in group:2
Age(s): about 20 months
Name(s): Pippin and Merry
Colours/varieties: Pippin is white (black eyes), Merry is brown with a white belly
Neutered: no

Reason for rehoming: After moving into a new flat where pets are not allowed, I'm in need of rehoming my 2 male rats Pippin and Merry. They are reasonably elderly (about 20 months) but are not showing signs of old age just yet. They are not and never have been aggressive or have ever bitten anyone and are used to being handled and played with.

Temperament: friendly, curious, not aggressive / have never bitten
Medical problems: Pippin has a small cataract on one eye but it doesn't seem to either bother him or impair his movement / overall vision (i.e. He responds to normal stimuli, doesn't walk into things etc).

Transport available: Happy to deliver to anywhere in the midlands, would consider going further for a good home
Other: They would come with their cage (furat plus rat cage) and all their accessories. I really don't want to have to give them away so am looking for a loving home where they will be well looked after.
Also, if anyone knows of any good rehoming / rescue places in the area please let me know although considering their age, I'd love for my boys to go straight to a new home where they can settle in and enjoy some attention.
Please contact me if you can help, or might know someone that can.

Post subject: Re: 2 adult male rats, Birmingham
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:15 pm 

Burrowed Hearts Rescue in Nottingham is absolutely fantastic. I rescued a ferret from Laura (she does not normally take ferrets) all the animals she has are wonderfully cared for in her home and treated as one of the family until they find their forever home.
Website https://www.burrowedheartsrescue.com/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BurrowedHeartsRescue/

Departed Ferret babies: Milo & Sam

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Community » Rat rehoming and rescue help