Three Buck Kittens wanted

For helping rats to safety in new permanent homes, foster homes, or for other rescue related situations. Please use the relevant template, threads will need approval.
EdButler85

Three Buck Kittens wanted

Post by EdButler85 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey all.

New owner here looking to adopt 3 buck kittens as pets.

I do not mind the breed or looks, but would prefer not to have hairless or manx.

Thanks

Ed

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Three Buck Kittens wanted

Post by cyber ratty » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:31 pm

It might help if you can give an idea of location, and maybe a rough timescale.

EdButler85

Post by EdButler85 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:49 am

cyber ratty wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:31 pm
It might help if you can give an idea of location, and maybe a rough timescale.
D'oh (not doe lol)
Yes, perhaps putting that info in the request would have been a good idea.
Time scale is about 6-8 weeks (before moving into my new flat)
I am in the West midlands, but am happy to travel as long as the journey does not stress them out.

Ed

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:32 am

As mentioned on your other thread, the NFRS list is a good starting point for breeder rats. Note that most (though not all) breeders have waiting lists that are often months long, so that may not work with your proposed timescale. If you want rats as soon as you move in then rescue is the more likely option. I can't speak to Notts Nibblers but I have adopted from Wood Green and they're lovely. (And have a couple of adult bucks in at the moment, too. ;) )

Also note that just because a breeder is on the NFRS list doesn't mean they necessarily come recommended or are going to be in line with your ethics; it just means that they're willing to pay a subscription fee and be part of the wider fancy. So do ask questions and come to your own conclusions about who you're willing to home from. There's a decent article on that here: https://azulinerattery.wixsite.com/azul ... e-breeders

Rats generally travel pretty well so don't let distance put you off!
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

Return to “Rat rehoming and rescue help”