Looking for 2 rex ratties in London

For helping rats to safety in new permanent homes, foster homes, or for other rescue related situations. Please use the relevant template, threads will need approval.
steveb

Looking for 2 rex ratties in London

Post by steveb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:02 am

I am looking for 2 curly haired rex rats (male or female) in the south east London area.

I have the proud dad of many rats over the years, usually albinos and hooded varieties. My last two lived in a 4 foot high wooden Degu house with ladders and ledges and rope swings everywhere. Sadly, they both past away many years ago and I have missed having little people around.

I have my heart set on a couple of little curly haired "sheep"

Please help.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Looking for 2 rex ratties in London

Post by cyber ratty » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Rescues will sometimes have rexes available, but you could be waiting a while for one, let alone for more, so I would suggest you contact breeders who work with rex from the NFRS breeders list.

Also, I strongly recommend starting with a group of 3 rather than 2, it enables the rats to form a variety of relationships, and have a choice over who they do what with (no risk of one wanting to play while the other wants to rest for example). It leads to a much happier, and enriched group. Then after a year or so you could introduce another couple of kittens, so that your group rolls forward without anyone being left alone as the last rat. :luck:

Return to “Rat rehoming and rescue help”