Male rat soon to need a home - North Sheffield

For helping rats to safety in new permanent homes, foster homes, or for other rescue related situations. Please use the relevant template, threads will need approval.
Firecat

Male rat soon to need a home - North Sheffield

Post by Firecat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:20 pm

Male rat, approx 18 months old, originally from Pets at Home, about to be left alone as his cage mate has taken a turn for the worse. Looking for a place for him to live out whatever time he has left - currently fit and healthy.

Original source of rats: Pets at Home

Contact details: Please feel free to PM me on here.

Rescue organisation: N/A

Number of groups of rats: 1

Group number: 1
Number of rats in group: 1
Age(s): Approx 1.5 years (slightly more if I am remembering correctly)
Name(s): Frodo
Colours/varieties: Black/white
Neutered: No

Reason for rehoming: I previously had a cage of 4 rats but, due to deaths (the most recent being several months ago), I am now down to 2. One of the rats has been going downhill for some time and has taken a sudden downturn, so I suspect the end is near for him. That would leave his cage mate alone and I don't intend to get any more rats for the moment, so I would like him to go to a new home where he can be with other rats.

Temperament: No issues at all, never been bit by him and never had to separate him from his cage mates. He is a friendly rat.
Medical problems: None I'm away of, to the best of my knowledge he is fit and healthy and has maintained his weight for months. However I must stress that he is the last of the group I got a year and a half or so ago.
Will the group be split (only relevant for groups of 4 and over): N/A

Transport available: I would be willing to bring him to a neighboring town if need be and for the right home, life circumstances permitting.
Other: I'm planning ahead a little as his cage mate is still alive, but I expect this will not be the case much longer so wanted to have things in place ready.

lydiar2w

Re: Male rat soon to need a home - North Sheffield

Post by lydiar2w » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi,

if this boy is still in need of a new home, I am interested. I now have a lone boy of a similar age who I do not want to be on his own, I live in Sheffield. If you want to contact me my number is 07931716429, thank you, Lydia x

Firecat

Re: Male rat soon to need a home - North Sheffield

Post by Firecat » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi Lydia

I've sent you a PM but for the benefit of anyone else who might be reading, Harry is still with us and so I'm not currently ready to re-home Frodo, but I suspect it won't be long before I either find Harry has passed on or he takes a downturn and I have him put to sleep.

But at the moment he is moving around and eating/drinking and they are still a pair.

Return to “Rat rehoming and rescue help”