Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Health

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Bump on Rat's Back
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:10 pm 

I was picking up my rat last night and noticed a verrrry small bumb on his back. It felt solid and when I pushed back the fur it was the same color as his skin, not inflammed or cut or anything. He fights with his brother a lot, so it could be from an injury. I'm just really worried it's going to grow into a tumor or something. So far he doesn't even notice it. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Bump on Rat's Back
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:31 pm 

If it is that small it is going to be difficult to diagnose. It could be a skin tag, cyst, abscess. Keep an eye on it.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:58 pm 
Fancy Rats Team

In that location, I would place a bet on a cyst. It may stay the same size for ever, or it could open up showing the sort of dryish pasty interior.

If it gets bigger than a dried pea, it may be an abscess.

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Stud (rattery site)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:44 pm 

I felt again the other night. He's very squirmy, but I pulled back enough fur to see some scabbing(?), so it's probably not a tumor, thank goodness. Now I'm just waiting to see if it becomes infected, big, or shrinks away, whatever it is.

Post subject: Bump on Rat's Back... part 2 ..
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:52 pm 

(If anyone can tell me how to reply to specific comments I'd greatly appreciate it so I don't have to make for posts lol)

I felt the bump on my boy's back again, having been a good few while since I last checked it. Though still small, it's gotten bigger and looks white/orange when i push back the fur. I was hoping it would have shriveled or popped by now.

Post subject: Re: Bump on Rat's Back... part 2 ..
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:39 am 
Fancy Rats Team

NubsNLubs wrote:
(If anyone can tell me how to reply to specific comments I'd greatly appreciate it so I don't have to make for posts lol)

Not quite sure what you mean... to make it clear that I am replying to this particular comment of yours, I clicked 'quote' on your post which brings up a reply box containing the text, and then I edited out the rest of the post from the quote. Is that what you meant?

Then to reply to your other point, I scrolled through the posts below my reply box, and clicked quote again:
NubsNLubs wrote:
I felt the bump on my boy's back again, having been a good few while since I last checked it. Though still small, it's gotten bigger and looks white/orange when i push back the fur. I was hoping it would have shriveled or popped by now.

It could still be a cyst, and may be ready to open up, but equally, some cysts just remain for ever. The stuff inside is quite pasty so doesn't necessarily make it burst. It will be sealed off from inside though, so not something to worry about.

If you think it may not be a cyst, then pop him along to the vet for their opinion.

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Stud (rattery site)

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Health