Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Health

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Head tilt and small hard lump
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:41 pm 

One of my new girls has started to have a bit of a head tilt. Other than this, she has no other obvious symptoms, porph or lethargy.

The other week I also noticed that she has a small, hard lump just under her ribcage. Initially I thought it could be a mammary tumor, but after doing a bit of research I don't think it is because it's very non-squishy and feels very attached, perhaps even to the bone. I'm not sure if this could be related or whether it's just another of multiple signs that she's a bit of a poorly bred rat, but regardless it doesn't seem to be growing or bothering her.

I'm planning on maybe booking her in for a vet appointment next week, but I'm not sure if there's much they'll be able to give her, or evenif they'll notice anything wrong. Other than the head tilt, she's entirely active and is eating and drinking normally. Is there anything specific apart from an ear infection that could be causing the symptoms? I sort of feel that my vets might need prompting in terms of diagnosis and treatment when confronted with a rat that doesn't have anything obviously wrong :roll:

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Health