Baby Rats Sick?

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
ratmischief

Baby Rats Sick?

Post by ratmischief » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:16 am

Sorry in advance is this isn't the right place in the forum to ask this. I'm new. :/

I just got two new baby girls today, and I'm worried about them. They're pretty young still (5-7 weeks).The first (Momo) sneezes a lot. I played rat-phone and listened to her belly, but couldn't hear any crackling or anything like that. She sounded healthy. She's also very active and playful. Just worried about her sneezing. What can I do?

The second (Luna) is a bit drowsy and lethargic seeming. She overall seems healthy, but mostly wants to hide and sleep. Just a little concerned about her. I haven't had her long, so maybe she'll snap out of it. Is this normal? Is it just because she's still young? My first girls weren't like that. I don't know. Please help.

squeakrat

Re: Baby Rats Sick?

Post by squeakrat » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:02 pm

I wouldn't be too concerned about the sneezing, it's probably just her adjusting to a new environment. What substrate are you using?

I'd keep an eye on Luna, but if she continues to seem drowsy, she might need to see a vet. She might just need a little time to get used to her new home. Is she eating and drinking OK? Where did you get them from?
Jenny x
:girly: Elfine :dumbogirly: Ada
:rattyrainbow: Scout, Daisy, Meg, Lola, Ruby, Chick, Hope, Pocket, Belle, Dory, Silvermist, Poppy, Tarka, Jasmine, Flora, Penny, Lyra, Cassandra, Luna, Wren, Merryweather, Harper, Izzy, Tigger, Squeak, Bandit, Vandal :rattyrainbow:

Return to “Health”