Copy of X-ray?

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
Buzzwizz619

Copy of X-ray?

Post by Buzzwizz619 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Ruben may have to have a chest X-ray if the next round of Anti-biotics doesnt clear his chest up (wheezing for over 6 weeks but completely fine in himself).

If he does have to are they usually anaesthetised? sedated? awake? (although i doubt he will sit still long enough for that!)

Do i get a copy of the X-ray? Ive never had anything X-rayed before and always assumed just the just vets get them, but lots of people seem to share pictures of there X-rays on FB and if it is something thats allowed that would be really interesting to see and keep!

Thanks

Amy

daffee
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Copy of X-ray?

Post by daffee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:41 am

They have to lie very still to get a good image so would usually be given a whiff of gas first. We've never been given copies of the images (our vet tried to copy one for us once but couldn't get a good enough picture). They have happily let us take photos of the x-rays though so that will likely be an option for you.

ScissorCrow

Post by ScissorCrow » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:59 pm

When I asked for a copy my vet took a picture and emailed them to me. Here they are:

Hope Ruben sounds better soon.

Buzzwizz619

Post by Buzzwizz619 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks for the replied, the good news is within 2 days on the new antibiotics Rubens chest cleared up. Hes still got a few days left but his breathing is crystal clear :D

Amy

Tenmashi

Post by Tenmashi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Wonderful! :D

Some vets already use digitalised xrays, pretty sure those images can just be forwarded. :) Physical xrays are a bit harder to copy.
~Elise & the rats of Rattery Castor: Bagheera, Dex, Doctor, Elrond, Eomer, Fenris, Flowix, Gregory, Grissom & H2O, H'amneko, Arwen, Brennan, Celestia, Deb, Donna, Rapunzel, Elwynn, Eonar, GLaDOS, Geronimo

Return to “Health”