Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Health

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 10 month old female has lost weight rapidly!
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:53 pm 

Just wondering if anyone can help me,

I got one of my females under horrific circumstances when she was 4 weeks old, she already had a URI, worms and was so weak she had lost the use of her front legs. It was very touch and go for a long time but she made a full recovery, and until about 1.5 weeks ago she was a happy, healthy little rat.

She is now 10 months old and has started rapidly losing weight even though she is eating like a trooper! She's showing no other symptoms at all, just constant weight loss. She isn't struggling to pee, there's no signs of worms in her faeces, her chest is clear, teeth are fine and she isn't drinking any more than usual.

The rest of her mischief are fine and she isn't being bullied away from food, but it's like she's always starving.

The vets are running various tests, I know because of her start she probably won't live as long as my others, I just want to know if I should be preparing myself for the worst :(

Thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: 10 month old female has lost weight rapidly!
 Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:58 am 

Sorry your first post is not a happy one. First of all, well done for taking her on. Her life is so much better than it sounds it could have been.

I can't offer any advice. I know a couple of mine when they get older and 'not quite right' they eat like a horse but no other symptoms.

Hopefully somebody else can offer some help.

Give her some scritches from me.

Sweet dreams Lola, Willow, Amy, Jennings, Amber, Reggie, Cordelia, Saffy, Remi, Harvey, Penny, Tia, Bernie, Mika, Ruby, Pearl, Castiel, Simon, Luna, Bobby, Meg, Dru, Kristal, Misty, Garth, Zen, Sam, Alvin, Theo, Dean, Monty, Crowley :rattyrainbow:

Post subject: Re: 10 month old female has lost weight rapidly!
 Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:20 pm 

Thank you for replying!

I know, I wish I was here under better circumstances :(

I think the others know something is wrong. Even though she's still very active and more than capable of doing it herself, they keep bringing her food and extra bedding :(

She's having lots of scritches and Cheerios (her favourite). I just want to do right by her :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Health