Ear Infection or Pituitary Tumour?!

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
HereticPr1me

Re: Ear Infection or Pituitary Tumour?!

Post by HereticPr1me » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Sorry Im late to this, but that's a superb result :)
Go Ziggy \o/

As an addition,
Ive used steroids loads of times, occasionally for weeks at a time (PT) but I didn't know they could, potentially, cause that kind of reaction, so Ive learned something important here myself, thank you both ;)
Doug, witless provider to :
Ratties :smile: ex-lab boys Boxer and Spot and :girly: old girl Jess.
Budgies Freyja and Haiku.
:rattyrainbow: 42 storytellers loved and lost, most recently : Washburn :rattyrainbow:

sneezy-rat

Post by sneezy-rat » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:15 am

Yes I've most definitely learnt a lot too!!

He really has amazed me, feared I'd have to PTS not long ago. He's now put on even more weight and was 555g yest morning!

I've never used steroids with ratties before, only my cat who's been on and off them for years, her only issue was the weight gain!!

sneezy-rat

Post by sneezy-rat » Mon May 28, 2018 8:19 pm

Unfortunately looks like Zig's infection's back :(
Grr, very annoyed!!

Weighed him on Saturday and had gone from 590g to 565g in ten days. Then yest a few strange moments, rubbing ear on side of his bed and jumping up and down the cage to me. Awake more than usual daytime, just odd really.

A bit quiet for him when out last night (normally bonkers running around and jumping on sofa and chairs and me!) so guessing didn't properly kick the infection last time with him getting so unwell on the steroids.

So back to the vets tomorrow :(
Hoping caught it early enough, he's been ok today but not gonna risk it and think a few weeks of antibiotics are needed! But def no steroids!!

Return to “Health”