Hard lump on throat?!

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
renrren

Hard lump on throat?!

Post by renrren » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to Fancy Rats forum and I regret that this has to be my first post... :(
I was taking my boys out for handling when I noticed one of them (Yato) had developed a hard lump on his throat. He doesn't seem to be in pain but it'd definitely be interfering with his airways, he's being treated for Chronic Respitory Disease and I'm concerned this lump will be making it worse.
I don't know whether it'd be an abscess or a tumor... any help is greatly appreciated!

Caza66

Re: Hard lump on throat?!

Post by Caza66 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:31 pm

I have just gone through this with Yondu and it was an abscess. The vet tried did a fine needle aspiration to see if there was fluid ie an abscess. There was not, so it was operated on where it turned out to be an abscess but it had gone cheesy :sick:

However the lump came back but smaller but more of them in the same place. He’s had antibiotics and they have reduced confirming they wer absecesses. I think this is going to be an on going problem.

In your situation, I would seek vet advice, they may do an fna to determine, then you can decide on a course of treatment.

Good luck

Oh and welcome to the forum
My current gang :hearts: Drax, Groot, Star-lord, Yondu
:rattyrainbow: To all those who have filled my heart, have fun at the bridge.

Return to “Health”