Possible PT... Help ASAP.

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
emmylee43

Possible PT... Help ASAP.

Post by emmylee43 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Hey there! I'm new to the forum, but not to rats. :)
So, Within the past week I've noticed a change in my female rat, Bubbles. She seems to have slowed down, she's about a year and a half old. Yesterday, she had been looking a bit peakish and was not moving much. But she was still coordianted.
Today, I noticed her eyes had more discharge than I've ever seen. She's not moved much, and her balance is off. She seems weak and can still move, but this is not the loving, cuddly and happy rat I've known. She's still cuddly, but she doesn't seem to want to move much. She is still eating, but won't eat fruits like she always has loved.
She seems to be wobbly, and doesn't want to move much. Normally, she explores my entire room and can navigate herself anywhere and everywhere.
Any tips? I can provide videos as well as photos.
Thank you so much,
Emmalee

[cub]

Re: Possible PT... Help ASAP.

Post by [cub] » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:17 pm

She really needs to see a vet; I'm not sure what the possibilities are and armchair diagnosis is difficult at the best of times, but if in doubt, try dexamethasone? Good luck.
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Possible PT... Help ASAP.

Post by cyber ratty » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:06 am

A PT doesn't tend to come on so suddenly, I'd consider the possibility of it being a stroke. Rats can recover very well from a stroke though, improvement can be quite dramatic over the course of a week.

Return to “Health”