Massive help needed

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
Scratchbubblesqueak

Massive help needed

Post by Scratchbubblesqueak » Fri May 10, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi all, I’m very new to having rats! So we’ve brought our 7yo son two rats. Bubble and squeak 🤦🏼‍♀️ Also I’m a responsible pet owner myself so I do take all responsibilities for the animals (not a gift for a kid)
They’re beautiful creatures I must say.
Only on Tuesday we noticed one was more active than the other, quite a lot.
So Thursday we rang the place we got her from and they have a vet clinic so advised us to take her in, only the vet checked her and said it could be due to stress and she was breathing fine etc and to give her a week to settle. We got them on Tuesday,
Only my heart hurts for the quiet one, it really isn’t doing anything other than sleeping the other is like a whirlwind, loves attention and seems really happy. Anyone got any advice for me please

[cub]

Re: Massive help needed

Post by [cub] » Sat May 11, 2019 4:45 pm

How quiet is quiet? Is she eating, drinking, and toileting? Does she look alert or at least aware of what's going on around her? Do you know how old she is?

It's normal for rats to be a little nervous after moving house, but if they're very withdrawn that can be a sign of illness. A basic vet check can pick up some illnesses if they're obvious, but won't pick up on a lot of things, especially if the vets aren't particularly experienced with rats.
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn, Din, Zephyr Donovan (Phoenix), and Zephyr Mick Jagger (Edgeworth).
Fondly remembering: Xeltan the wonky, Lita (NLA32), Lia (NLA28), Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28), Falere (NLA36), Mirala (NLA36), Zephyr Opold, and Rila.

Return to “Health”