New rat sounds nasally

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
Finduszip

New rat sounds nasally

Post by Finduszip » Sun May 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Hello. I got two boys about two weeks ago, and they've been fine until now. Last night I put them back in the cage after they've been out, and they were both sounding perfectly fine. I woke up the next morning, barely six hours later, and now one of them sounds very nasally, as if he has a cold.

What could this be? What could have caused it? And what treatment can I do? I included a video of him when he just woke up to hear the noise.

https://youtu.be/rFQdMAl80u0

[cub]

Re: New rat sounds nasally

Post by [cub] » Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 am

I'm no expert, but that sounds more like nose than lung to me, which indicates it's probably not that big a deal.

How is he in himself otherwise? Eating, drinking, moving around?

What substrate are they on?
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn (NLA32).
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Mick Jagger (Edgeworth) the big lump, Din (NLA28), Zephyr Donovan (Phoenix), Xeltan, Lita (NLA32), Lia (NLA28), Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28), Falere (NLA36), Mirala (NLA36), Zephyr Opold, and Rila.

Finduszip

Post by Finduszip » Mon May 27, 2019 10:22 pm

He acts normal, he eats and drinks, runs around, play-fights with his brother.

I use something called Toa-Lätt made from recycled paper. I also put in some ripped newspaper and cloth for them.

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Tue May 28, 2019 7:13 am

Given that he's looking and acting otherwise well, and the substrate seems perfectly safe, I wouldn't worry too much or do anything just yet. Just monitor him and see if it changes. I generally give it a few days at least before panicking these days. :lol:

How is he doing today?
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn (NLA32).
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Mick Jagger (Edgeworth) the big lump, Din (NLA28), Zephyr Donovan (Phoenix), Xeltan, Lita (NLA32), Lia (NLA28), Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28), Falere (NLA36), Mirala (NLA36), Zephyr Opold, and Rila.

Return to “Health”