Time to think about the inevitable

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
Bubbs_1987

Time to think about the inevitable

Post by Bubbs_1987 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi all,

My gorgeous Pixi is unwell and this has got me thinking about the sad moment when I may have to be kind and brave enough to let him go. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea roughly how much it'll cost to have my baby put to sleep?

Many thanks

[cub]

Re: Time to think about the inevitable

Post by [cub] » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:16 am

It varies depending on the vet and also whether or not you end up needing an emergency euthanasia out of hours. For an emergency, it'll usually be charged at the emergency consult rate which is likely to be at least £100. Otherwise it's usually around a normal consult price, sometimes a bit cheaper.

If you're thinking that euthanasia is likely to be necessary in the near future, it's best to book it now really. That way the vets don't have to squeeze you in on a busy day if it's at short notice, and you hopefully won't have to rush out for an emergency euthanasia in the middle of the night. Also, if you've never been to the vets before, you can ask in advance if they have experience treating rodents and what their euthanasia procedure is. The patient should at minimum be anaesthetised before being injected with the euthanasia solution. As a bonus, you'll also be able to ask them how much it costs; they should know, the rest of us can only guess.
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn (NLA32); Zephyr Nyahir; Zephyr Zymandis; Zephyr Blasto.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Mick Jagger "Edgeworth"; Din (NLA28); Zephyr Donovan "Phoenix"; Xeltan; Lita (NLA32); Lia (NLA28); Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28); Falere (NLA36); Mirala (NLA36); Zephyr Opold; Rila.

Bubbs_1987

Re: Time to think about the inevitable

Post by Bubbs_1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Thanks for your reply x

Return to “Health”