Daily essentials/calcivet

All topics on health, physique, vets, and medication
oowie

Daily essentials/calcivet

Post by oowie » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:26 pm

how much and how often should you use this when feeding RRmix? Does anyone know full anayses ?
formerly izi

[cub]

Re: Daily essentials/calcivet

Post by [cub] » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:26 pm

I've never seen a full analysis of DE1 posted anywhere, which is weird because you'd assume DrS would know. You'd have to ask them, I guess.

How often to supplement depends on which RR mix you're using, what else you're feeding, and how much DE1/Calcivet you're giving each time. I did crunch the numbers on Calcivet and found that it was actually a really poor source of Calcium though, so I'd be tempted to make sure they also have access to a cuttlebone and/or throw them some chicken bones every so often.
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn (NLA32); Zephyr Nyahir; Zephyr Zymandis; Zephyr Blasto.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Mick Jagger "Edgeworth"; Din (NLA28); Zephyr Donovan "Phoenix"; Xeltan; Lita (NLA32); Lia (NLA28); Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28); Falere (NLA36); Mirala (NLA36); Zephyr Opold; Rila.

Feolthanos

Post by Feolthanos » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:51 pm

DE1 my boys have access to everyday alongside a bottle of just plain water (they prefer the 'rat crack' though :roll: ) Calcivet I feed a couple times a week, but they also have cuttlefish and lots of calcium rich foods like kale quite regularly too.
All 4 boys have lovely coat condition, and I tend to just trust my instinct and go on that and overall condition rather than worrying myself about exact numbers to be honest as there's some varying advice out there which I ran myself in circles with when I first got rats.

oowie

Post by oowie » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:23 am

Can you use the liquid calcivet and the DE1 in wetfood instead of in the water? And how much should you use then?
formerly izi

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:22 am

I don't think so - although you may be able to mix it into water and use that water to make porridge perhaps? If they don't like the taste though, they won't eat the porridge.

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:03 am

oowie wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:23 am
Can you use the liquid calcivet and the DE1 in wetfood instead of in the water? And how much should you use then?
I did that for a while after I bought some and then discovered the group I had at the time wouldn't take it in water. I Am Not A Biochemist™ but I don't see why a water-soluble vitamin/mineral supplement wouldn't be just as effective mixed in with food instead of in water.
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn (NLA32); Zephyr Nyahir; Zephyr Zymandis; Zephyr Blasto.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Mick Jagger "Edgeworth"; Din (NLA28); Zephyr Donovan "Phoenix"; Xeltan; Lita (NLA32); Lia (NLA28); Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28); Falere (NLA36); Mirala (NLA36); Zephyr Opold; Rila.

Return to “Health”