Rats fighting

Topics on behaviour, taming, companionship, introductions, and training
Jessbristol

Rats fighting

Post by Jessbristol » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:08 pm

:cry: so I have 4 female rats. One of them who is known to e a bit nippy even to myself now and again when she shows that's shes had enough I think has now gone and bitten and pulled a patch of fur from around the neck area of one of the others theres a lot of blood and it must've happened whilst I was at work today as its dried now and I think it looks worse than it is because she is white. I checked the area and not too bad and cleaned it etc. Anyway my actual question is what do I do now ? Do I separate the rat that I am 99% sure is the culprit and if so for how long? Or is there no hope for rats like this ? I now find myself feeling bad for the one that's been attacked and for the one that I think has done the biting as I've put her in our spare cage on her own until I find out the best course of action :/

[cub]

Re: Rats fighting

Post by [cub] » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:59 am

Spaying may well help. If she's never been aggressive towards her cagemates though I'd want a health check anyway in case there's an underlying illness; pain can trigger aggression.
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn (NLA32).
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Mick Jagger (Edgeworth) the big lump, Din (NLA28), Zephyr Donovan (Phoenix), Xeltan, Lita (NLA32), Lia (NLA28), Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28), Falere (NLA36), Mirala (NLA36), Zephyr Opold, and Rila.

Return to “Behaviour”