Little lady is peeing more (and licking my hands loads)!

Topics on behaviour, taming, companionship, introductions, and training
min and artie

Little lady is peeing more (and licking my hands loads)!

Post by min and artie » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:51 pm

I have a 6 month old female rattie that is usually very well behaved when it comes to doing the toilet out the cage!

I'm aware they can't not do it all the time and I do find the occasional poop but recently she has been peeing on the furniture and me a lot more than usual.
I'm not sure if it's behavioural or an issue for the vet but it's as if she cannot hold it in and no longer returnes to the cage. I noticed she does not pee on my partner, just me.

Additionally the same little lady keeps licking my hands. Its not just fingers or palm it is the whole thing! She will grab my hand and move it to get a position she likes and start licking and then repeat this till she's licked my whole hand. Are both of these related? This is the first change in behaviour I've seen in her since she was tiny!
Artemis and Minerva :hearts:

[cub]

Re: Little lady is peeing more (and licking my hands loads)!

Post by [cub] » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:15 pm

When you say she's peeing on you, do you mean actual emptying of the bladder (big puddle) or just a few drops? If it's just a few drops that sounds like scent marking and not incontinence. Rats scent mark things that are familiar, including each other, so you're probably just being adopted into the clan. :lol: 6 months is a pretty normal age for teenage hormones to kick in so I would imagine the scent marking and grooming is related to that.
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

min and artie

Re: Little lady is peeing more (and licking my hands loads)!

Post by min and artie » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:42 am

[cub] wrote:When you say she's peeing on you, do you mean actual emptying of the bladder (big puddle) or just a few drops? If it's just a few drops that sounds like scent marking and not incontinence. Rats scent mark things that are familiar, including each other, so you're probably just being adopted into the clan. :lol: 6 months is a pretty normal age for teenage hormones to kick in so I would imagine the scent marking and grooming is related to that.
I would say almost inbetween those descriptions. Enough for me to feel a little damp patch on my cardigans/legs but not enough to warrant a full bladder emptying! I'm very chuffed to know I'm possibly being accepted into the group! Took some patience and loads of love!!
Artemis and Minerva :hearts:

Return to “Behaviour”