Vet visit during intros

Topics on behaviour, taming, companionship, introductions, and training
Samana

Vet visit during intros

Post by Samana » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:35 pm

So all my rats are together now, but one is a little sniffly. They're not at the point the have toys in the cage but they seem to be getting on ok. Few squeaks here and there.

Im going to try and get a vet appointment for tomorrow but do I need to take all the rats so i am not splitting them up or do I just take the one with the sniffles?

Caza66

Re: Vet visit during intros

Post by Caza66 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:00 am

I would take all of them, it will help bond them a bit more. Good luck.
My current gang :hearts: Groot, Star-lord, Yondu
:rattyrainbow: To all those who have filled my heart, have fun at the bridge.

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:37 am

Agreed. I always take rats to the vet in pairs at minimum anyway, since having a friend helps keep the patient calmer. It also gets other rats used to vet trips so that if they ever have to go themselves, they're less stressed since they've done it before and nothing terrible happened. A group outing is an excellent bonding opportunity.
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

Samana

Post by Samana » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:15 am

I couldn't get an appointment till Monday so looks like I will be taking the rats on a roadtrip. My vet will think in crazy, she does love rats though....

Return to “Behaviour”