Invasive rat

Topics on behaviour, taming, companionship, introductions, and training
Kaykay87

Invasive rat

Post by Kaykay87 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:49 pm

I got a new rat as a friend for my current girl, and she is lovely. No problems handling her, shes very affectionate and outgoing, and loves being handled.
My question is why is she determined to get inside my nose. She sticks her snout in my ears, which isnt too bad but last night she gor herself eyeballs deep in my right nostril! She isn't licking me, biting, or clawing, she just sits on my neck and jams her head in my nose and sits there. While it isnt painful it is kinda uncomfortable and ive been sneezing out the odd rat hair all day. Is this normal rat behaviour or did I just pick a creep?

Caza66

Re: Invasive rat

Post by Caza66 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:46 pm

You have a groomer. Some rats do this more than others. Some rats chew their hooman’s finger nails, you have a ‘nosey’ rat. :lol:
Officially ratless. Groot, Star-lord, Yondu adopted by another rat lover.
:rattyrainbow: To all those who have filled my heart, have fun at the bridge.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:22 am

I would advise you to not let her do that (plenty of health reasons to not let rats into your orifices!)- and it's better to set ground rules from the start before it becomes too much of a habit.

Kaykay87

Post by Kaykay87 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:34 pm

She has stopped getting near my nose since she invaded it and i sneezed her out.
I def dont plan on letting it carry on, its not pleasant in any way lol.

Return to “Behaviour”