Savic royal xl

Topics on behaviour, taming, companionship, introductions, and training
Jenny Knight

Savic royal xl

Post by Jenny Knight » Sun May 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi. I’m new to the forum and wanted a bit of advice on if a cage is big enough. I’ve done the calculator check and it says it is but as I’m wanting to split it in half I wanted to check it would still be ok. One half would have four rats in it (small girls) and the other half five small girls. They are currently in one slightly smaller but have the whole thing for each group. I did have more rats but age etc means I have lost a few recently. I wanted to try for one cage and have a frame built around it so it looks neater but won’t do this if it’s felt to be too small. What do you all think. Whole cage is 116 x 67 x 153cm so half height if split in two.
Many thanks
Jenny

CorbinDallasMyMan

Re: Savic royal xl

Post by CorbinDallasMyMan » Mon May 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi there,
When the cage is split, each individual unit of the Royal Suite 95 is about 95 wide x 63 deep x 60 high (give or take). For me that's right on the edge of being appropriate for up to 5 rats if the space is well used. I kept 4 boys in a single unit Critter Nation for a while (the equivalent of 1/2 of a Royal Suite) and it felt like a very comfortable size. Adding a 5th would've probably been just fine, too, but I wouldn't go more than that.

If you have the space for it and you want to totally spoil your rats (or to allow for new additions), you could get the Suite Royal XL. It's a little more expensive but a fair amount larger. Split in two, each unit could probably comfortably house up to 7.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Thu May 09, 2019 10:31 am

The thread is already titled XL, so I think that's what the OP is talking about.

Welcome to the forum Jenny :D
Yes the XL halves will be fine for those sized groups. Have you though about merging the groups though? (using the carrier method) They'd love the whole space between them. :luck:

CorbinDallasMyMan

Post by CorbinDallasMyMan » Thu May 09, 2019 5:56 pm

OOPS! =D

Return to “Behaviour”