Rats fighting

Topics on behaviour, taming, companionship, introductions, and training
Jessbristol

Rats fighting

Post by Jessbristol » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:08 pm

:cry: so I have 4 female rats. One of them who is known to e a bit nippy even to myself now and again when she shows that's shes had enough I think has now gone and bitten and pulled a patch of fur from around the neck area of one of the others theres a lot of blood and it must've happened whilst I was at work today as its dried now and I think it looks worse than it is because she is white. I checked the area and not too bad and cleaned it etc. Anyway my actual question is what do I do now ? Do I separate the rat that I am 99% sure is the culprit and if so for how long? Or is there no hope for rats like this ? I now find myself feeling bad for the one that's been attacked and for the one that I think has done the biting as I've put her in our spare cage on her own until I find out the best course of action :/

[cub]

Re: Rats fighting

Post by [cub] » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:59 am

Spaying may well help. If she's never been aggressive towards her cagemates though I'd want a health check anyway in case there's an underlying illness; pain can trigger aggression.
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn, Din, and Zephyr Mick Jagger (Edgeworth).
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Donovan (Phoenix) the big dope, Xeltan, Lita (NLA32), Lia (NLA28), Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28), Falere (NLA36), Mirala (NLA36), Zephyr Opold, and Rila.

Return to “Behaviour”