Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Habitat

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Cozy Pet Cage
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 pm 

Hey everyone

Does anyone have a Cozy Pet cage (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0711V ... h-keywords)? If so do you use a litter tray that can be attached to the bars? The only one I've bought won't attach & the boys keep moving it!! Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Cozy Pet Cage
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:37 am 

I have had multiple cages over the years and sometimes it can be really difficult to find a corner toilet that will attach properly, especially if you have rats that enjoy furniture moving :lol: There are some toilets out there that have plastic threads that stick between the bars and then a plastic nut that fixes from the outside of the cage, they tend to be good for most cages, alternatively you could try drilling a hole through and plastic tying it to the bars. As well as corner toilet I have these https://www.therange.co.uk/household/st ... ket#725942 attached with shower curtain hooks. I originally put them in to provide more play/climb/sleep space but the boys decided they were the perfect toilets so I now fill them with a layer if back 2 nature and aubiose and they work really well.

As a note on that particular cage, it looks on the pics like it has a wire bottom? Be careful with this as it can cause sore patches and swelling on their feet, as well as being a hazard for getting a leg caught if they are running or playing. If you cannot remove it completely maybe think about putting a fleece under your substrate so it covers all of the gaps :)

Wildie baby boy: Moley :baby: :rattyrainbow: :hearts: You are always in my heart little one

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:26 pm 

Thanks for this. Certainly the trays I've seen look like they'll attach to horizontal bars, but my cage has narrow vertical ones. I've ordered one from Wilko so I'll update if it's any good.

With regards to the bottom of the cage, I never used the wire tray at the bottom and have only used the plastic tray. Something I read on this brilliant forum whilst still researching :)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:46 pm 

I have a cozy pet cage but a different make (more like an SRS/Aventura) and had this problem. The wilko litter trays are an absolute dream to attatch (plus great value). If you don't tend to change the layout around too much you can leave the screw fixings it comes with attached to the cage and just slot the trays straight in and out when you clean them. I would definitely recommend them, I've got 2 very enthusiastic diggers and despite their best efforts the trays always stay where they are!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Habitat