Suitable Cage For 7 Does

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
Moomuffin

Suitable Cage For 7 Does

Post by Moomuffin » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:19 pm

Would a Furat Plus tower work? Or is the floor space too small?

I’ve just picked up a 2nd hand Furat Plus so wondering if I should get another to make a tower or just keep it as a spare/holiday cage and get something else/bigger?

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Suitable Cage For 7 Does

Post by cyber ratty » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:14 am

The floor space would be a bit cramped - I do prefer the sort of space you get with a coco 100 or an SRS.

It might be possible to make a coco 100 tower, but I think it would really be worth opting for a pet planet instead.

If your budget could stretch though, a single Little Zoo Venturer would be big enough and you wouldn't need to add a deep tray either.

Feolthanos

Post by Feolthanos » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:26 pm

I have a little zoo Venturer (the double version) and I can confirm it's fantastic. Only thing I don't like is the small space between the cage/tray bottom and the floor, it's a magnet for rats to hide under and the position of the wheels makes it difficult for anything to stay attached to block them off long term (but otherwise it's huge, simple to put together with a buddy and I highly recommend).

I've recently had cause to put my mamble together for intro purposes and words can not describe the frustration, and I've not even used it yet. Being used to large double doors, I just wouldn't recommend anything else for your own sanity :roll: So SRS, explorer, venturer style cages, particularly with a large group.

Moomuffin

Post by Moomuffin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:27 pm

Thankyou for the replies i've looked at all the recommended cages and LOVE the little zoo venturer its fab. Ive now gotten 2 second hand furets for a tower initially and in the mean time will be saving up for one of the big double door cages - aiming to upgrade towards the end of the year :D

Oh, and will be starting out with 4 does as feel its probably a more sensible number.

Return to “Habitat”