Who has had explorer/SRS trays made?

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
Wilcox_87

Re: Who has had explorer/SRS trays made?

Post by Wilcox_87 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Just ordered my first SRS and a perspex tray for the base.....can't wait :D

Thanks for all of the dimensions and tips on the thread! I have gone with the 5mm under as Feline suggested to make it a little easier to get it in and out. Will update the thread if it leaves too much of a gap but hoping it will be fine.
Rose with Rescue boys Frank, Dean and Sammy
The rat-friendly cat Beans and the Russian (vertically challenged) hamster Horatio Hamblower
Sleep well my beautiful girls Pip and Loki :girly: :rattyrainbow: :hearts:
Wildie baby boy: Moley :baby: :rattyrainbow: :hearts: You are always in my heart little one

HereticPr1me

Post by HereticPr1me » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:59 pm

Exciting times :) I'll be interested to know where you ordered from, Rose and how happy you are with the accuracy of their cutting, measurements etc.

I too am looking to make new trays for my Explorer. Ive had the perspex ones for years, like 8 years or something, and I decided to bin and replace them during my recent house move as they were getting on a bit and a refresh is always nice.
I had considered just using fleece or correx for a while but since Im renting for now I best knock up some new proper bases !
Doug, witless provider to :
Ratties :smile: ex-lab boys Boxer and Spot and :girly: old girl Jess.
Budgies Freyja and Haiku.
:rattyrainbow: 42 storytellers loved and lost, most recently : Washburn :rattyrainbow:

hjanders

Post by hjanders » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Can anyone tell me the approx price you paid for the precut Perspex pieces to make these trays for an SRS? I live in Sweden and am looking to buy the perspex for one. However the total cost appears to be extortionate (not sure why I am surprised as everything is expensive here......). A price in £ would be useful for me to compare. Thanks!
Popcorn, Me-Me, Nelle, Luna, Maggie and Tutsie
Never to be forgotten: Trixie, Paws, Tica, Doris and Bella ❤️

Return to “Habitat”