How often to wash hammocks

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
[cub]

Re: How often to wash hammocks

Post by [cub] » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:46 pm

I must admit I actually go a month or longer between hammock changes? :shock: But I line them with sheets of newspaper that get changed daily, and they absorb most of the urine. My rats also tend to shred the newspaper in preference to the fabric underneath, so I've yet to have a hammock suffer significant structural damage. It does mean I spend the time I would have spent changing hammocks collecting newspaper instead, and I now know most of the free newspapers available in my area: when they come out, where they get left, paper thickness, sheet size, number of sheets per issue, stapled or not, smeariness of ink... :oops: :lol:
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

RatBubble

Post by RatBubble » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:48 pm

[cub] wrote: I now know most of the free newspapers available in my area: when they come out, where they get left, paper thickness, sheet size, number of sheets per issue, stapled or not, smeariness of ink... :oops: :lol:
This reminds me of a cashier that innocently commented to my 13 year old that she always noted my daughter collected a few of their free local papers and was she an budding journalist, to which my daughter replied 'No, I collect a lot for our rats'. :D
Four beautiful girls, Lady B, Meow (MaoMao), Miss Winnie & Jinx

Wilcox_87

Post by Wilcox_87 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:19 am

That is great advice Beri thanks. It will also help to reduce the rate that I am going through the green mile as I currently have a baby rescue hedgehog who I have put on green mile and he DOES need his bedding completely replaced every few days (I thought my boys could smell!) so I am going through it at a fair rate of knots at the minute :)
Rose with Rescue boys Frank, Dean and Sammy
The rat-friendly cat Beans and the Russian (vertically challenged) hamster Horatio Hamblower
Sleep well my beautiful girls Pip and Loki :girly: :rattyrainbow: :hearts:
Wildie baby boy: Moley :baby: :rattyrainbow: :hearts: You are always in my heart little one

Return to “Habitat”