Need a cage to separate rats

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
Susie Pink 70

Need a cage to separate rats

Post by Susie Pink 70 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:36 am

I've got a poorly older boy Fizz - approx 2 years with back leg degeneration, I thought he was going to be put down this week but he's perked up but stupidly I brought two cute 4 months old who are in his old cage and poor Fizz is in a hamster cage which he can't stay in (he basically wasn't moving and sleeping and not wanting anyone near him).
I need a cage that I can keep them separated as I think the younger two will bully him. I've looked on EBay & gumtree for a Savic Royal but not having much luck. Any other recs or sites I can look at? I live in West London.
Many thanks for your help.
Susie

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Need a cage to separate rats

Post by cyber ratty » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Are you sure the younger ones will bully him? I have mixed abilities in my groups, and the older oners seem to enjoy having youngsters around, and keep far more active as a result.

Fizz should have some rat company - do you have any others?

Susie Pink 70

Post by Susie Pink 70 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:47 pm

His brother died a few months back. We tried them together last night and they had a scrap. Fizz is massive and one of the new rats Fudge is tiny but so lovely, I'd be devastated if he got hurt. I will try then together again soon. I've just brought a Savic Royal Suite so hoping it will be the right choice X

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:17 am

Susie Pink 70 wrote:We tried them together last night and they had a scrap. Fizz is massive and one of the new rats Fudge is tiny but so lovely, I'd be devastated if he got hurt. I will try then together again soon.
When you say you "tried them together", how did you introduce them? This is the method of introductions I would advise: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=52
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

Return to “Habitat”