Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Habitat

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Pet UK Eco-bedding
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:57 am 

Just wanted to share with you, found these mini bales of shredded cardboard on the Vet UK website.

They're 3.2 kg bale for £2.92 with free delivery (via dpd) if you spend over £29.

The cardboard is strip cut like green mile, but springier and no dust, the last two bales of green mile I've had have been mega dusty, it also seems to stay in the cage a bit better, although the pingy babies are trying their best to get it to go all over!

The mini bales are much easier to manage with a bad back than the horse size ones and much easier to store. So far me and the boys are v.impressed! :D

Post subject: Re: Pet UK Eco-bedding
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:59 pm 

Sounds great for people who can't manage the big bales for whatever reason. Do you have a link?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:42 pm 

pet uk bedding link :D

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:40 am 

Ooh, thank you for this! I love Green Mile's springiness, but it's quite expensive for me to get hold of. (Haven't had an issue with dustiness yet, but I've only had 2 bales so far.) This looks like it would actually work out slightly cheaper, and be easier to manage besides (another bad back here :P ).

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:25 pm 

No worries. :)
Having recently 'put my back out' I have been spending a lot of time trying to find things that are more manageable 'weight-wise', some of my larger rattie boys (I'm looking at Dylan particularly!!) may find themselves on a diet :roll: :oops:

Not sure what to do about my two 8.5kg cats though, they're just big boys, they're not fat, but fortunately relatively self sufficient!

Amazon also have an extremely similar shredded cardboard product by a company called 'pillow wad' you get 3 of the 3.2 kg mini bales for £15 delivered, so not as good value.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:28 am 

This popped up at the perfect time; I was looking for a new substrate brand (because I've had really dusty bales from Finacard the last couple of times), and my flatmate's been struggling with chronic pain lately, so the smaller bag sizes are a blessing!

The price is comparable to the other bales on ratrations (Finacard aside, which is still much cheaper) - including delivery, 6 bags of these worked out something like 70p more expensive than an RR order, for about 800g less material, but the smaller sacks are so convenient that it's well worth it!

Also, while I've only used it the once so far, there's been no dust visible at all and there's been almost no sneezing from the cages (which was a definite issue with the Finacard) - and the rats have been nest-building much more actively too, so I can only assume they prefer it! :D

Edit: Reading that back, I would just like to clarify that this is a genuine review and that I'm not a paid corporate shill :lol:

Gone but never forgotten: all my beautiful whiskery angels~

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Habitat