trays (not custom made) I can buy for explorer?

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
charlie4591

trays (not custom made) I can buy for explorer?

Post by charlie4591 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:34 pm

I sold my SRS (regretting it now) and so the explorer will be coming out of the garage soon. My black trays are chewed to bits and are pretty much unusable. I used to use plastic trays from ikea (Komplement i think) but they don't see to exist anymore when I look on ikea's website. They weren't perfect but they worked pretty well. I've also tried making trays out of correx and they got chewed up way too quickly.

I don't really want to get metal or plastic trays custom made if I can help it so if anyone knows of anything I can buy in the shops that will fir nicely into the explorer (or if those ikeas trays have been renamed) I would be super grateful.

Thanks!
Love to all my boys and girls at the bridge.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: trays (not custom made) I can buy for explorer?

Post by cyber ratty » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Why do you not want a custom made one? A plastic tray (nice and deep) will only cost about £30.

charlie4591

Post by charlie4591 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:54 pm

cyber ratty wrote:Why do you not want a custom made one? A plastic tray (nice and deep) will only cost about £30.
I'm a bit hesitant as I ordered custom metal trays a few years ago (as part of a group order on the old FR forum) and mine never arrived.

Can I ask where you get the plastic trays made please? If there's a reliable seller I would consider it.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:26 pm

I order the pieces from https://www.sheetplastics.co.uk/products/ and glue them together myself (they sell industrial super glue) - they are pretty accurate in their cutting, and super quick, usually only two or three days. :luck:

charlie4591

Post by charlie4591 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:16 pm

cyber ratty wrote:I order the pieces from https://www.sheetplastics.co.uk/products/ and glue them together myself (they sell industrial super glue) - they are pretty accurate in their cutting, and super quick, usually only two or three days. :luck:
Thanks!

debilechat

Post by debilechat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 pm

cyber ratty wrote:I order the pieces from https://www.sheetplastics.co.uk/products/ and glue them together myself (they sell industrial super glue) - they are pretty accurate in their cutting, and super quick, usually only two or three days. :luck:

I am looking on this website now- it looks great but I am a little unsure about what material to order or what thickness is best? Do you have any advice?

I have a critter nation- I used to use fleece but want to use finacard or aubiose instead.

Thanks!:)
Crossed the rainbow bridge- Two gorgeous contrary girls- Brett and Lucia. <3

Waiting for three boys.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:23 pm

You want clear acrylic sheet. (It arrives with opaque white film stuck to both sides, so you can leave that on underneath the base if you don't want it to be see through.)

I would recommend 4mm thick, but I know some people are happy with 3mm. You could perhaps do 3mm for the base and 4mm for the walls.

shiprat

Post by shiprat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Am I imagining this - did someone post on here in the past few months about discovering a tray from somewhere like Homebase that fits exactly??
Rat Out of Hell Rescue.

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 pm

shiprat wrote:Am I imagining this - did someone post on here in the past few months about discovering a tray from somewhere like Homebase that fits exactly??
Yes, I've seen a couple people say this fits the SRS base, if I remember correctly:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk ... ray-832700
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:29 pm

The homebase tray does mean the loss of some space due to the curves, so it's fine for a full open cage, but makes a single layer cage (like a critter nation single) a bit smaller.

debilechat

Post by debilechat » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Thank you!

I haven't ordered anything yet but while looking again for options, I also found this guy's website--- http://www.chillaquip.freeuk.com/cages.html

He seems to make custom metal pans for chinchilla cages for a reasonable price!
Crossed the rainbow bridge- Two gorgeous contrary girls- Brett and Lucia. <3

Waiting for three boys.

Return to “Habitat”