Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Habitat

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Back 2 Nature litter WARNING Please read..
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:57 am 

If you use Back 2 Nature litter, Please please check your bags carefully. I have discovered in my bag of back 2 nature plastic and a bit of metal. (the small grey piece is metalic)

It is only small but it is sharp, I have only discovered this while cleaning out the litter tray. I am half way through the bag :evil:

Departed Ferret babies: Milo & Sam

Post subject: Re: Back 2 Nature litter WARNING Please read..
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:07 pm 

Thanks for letting us know. I use this too.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:47 pm 

Let us know what they say in response to you contacting them!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:12 pm 

Will keep an eye out, thank you very much for posting!

Wildie baby boy: Moley :baby: :rattyrainbow: :hearts: You are always in my heart little one

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:31 pm 

Update: I have been contacted by the local representative for Fibrecycle UK, very nice man. They are coming to my home to collect the bits of plastic and the remainder of the bag on Tuesday. Their response has been very quick, it will be investigated.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:20 pm 

Had a great meeting with the Fibrecycle rep this morning, He was very concerned about the bits of plastic in the bags, he also noted the amount of dust that clouded up when he ran his had through the bag. I have to admit I am really surprised that someone came to my home regarding this complaint and very pleased with how seriously they are taking it.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:04 pm 

Just got off the telephone with Stuart from Fibrecycle. They have checked the bag he took away and found more plastic :(, different colours this time. It appears a "free offer" type toy made its way into the process. However their screening process should have removed it (any thing like this gets caught on screens). These screens are cleaned once a week to remove all debris (the whole plant shuts for half a day while this is done), these screens also collect find dust to make sure the product is as dust free as possible. The outcome of me finding plastic in these two bags (and them being more dusty) the plant is changing its cleaning proceedure now to twice a week to ensure this cannot/should not happen again.

Got to say I am really impressed at how serious this matter has been taken, for what seems a one off incident, there has been no other compaints other than mine. Hopefully the toy or whatever got through was only contained to the two bags I had. I have been using B2N for 3 years now, firstly with the rats now with the ferrets and this one off has not put me off using it. Especially with how Stuart has treated the matter and kept me informed all the way.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:58 pm 

Thank you for keeping us informed :)
I switched to this a couple of months ago and am currently working my way through a huge bag; nothing untoward but I have been checking every time I empty some out.
It's great that this has been taken so seriously and that action is going to be taken; I'll be continuing with using it too :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Habitat