Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Habitat

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Liberta Explorer 2nd Edition - Actual Cage Size
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:15 pm 

I am currently looking at cages before I purchase my first rats. I am keen on the Liberta Explorer 2nd edition but due to space restrictions there is only one spot I can place the cage and it's where the roof slants so I have to be careful regarding cage height :( . I have looked online and the height is listed at 159cm but it comes with a stand. Could anyone confirm for me firstly if it's fine for the cage to not be on the stand and then what the actual external height of just the cage is :?:

The other option I am looking at is this one:
http://www.littlepetwarehouse.co.uk/pro ... stand.html
I like the doors better than most and the cage itself does fit the space. I would prefer the Liberta though due to the doors :hearts:

Post subject: Re: Liberta Explorer 2nd Edition - Actual Cage Size
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:44 am 

So long as the stand isn't part of the cage, I can't see it being a problem. However, to clean behind it will be made more difficult due to no castors. You may need to consider deeper tray to prevent spillage of substrate.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:52 pm 

I'm not so much worried about getting around the cage for cleaning, I plan to leave a decent gap around, plus I can always just get the Hubby to move it for me 8-) . Depending on the cage I will likely get some thick wood cut to size, put some casters on the bottom and have the cage sitting on that so it's at least slightly off the floor even if only by a few centimeters. The main thing is that area has the steeply slanted roof so I have to be careful of the height of the cage or it just won't fit. I want to try and sacrifice as little height as possible so I'm willing to have the cage on the floor so the rats can get as much usable space as possible, it's also a wood floor in a low traffic area and I have no children, dogs or cats (just 1 very fluffy hamster and 3 chubby goldfish :hearts: ).

So the issue is then what the exact external dimensions are of the Liberta explorer is without the stand, I really don't want to order it and it doesn't fit :shock:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:58 pm 

Sorry, I don't have this cage and I can't find anything on the internet. Hopefully somebody else has one and can help. You could always try contacting liberta.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:02 pm 

I found an Ebay link that says approx 1.2m without the stand

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:59 pm 

Thanks! After reading loads of reviews of people who have had the Liberta cage for more than a year it appears the cage is prone to rusting badly which is a bit disappointing :( . After a bit more research it looks like overall people seem to prefer the Savic Royal Suite and I have seen the SRS 95 on Zooplus for not that much more than the Liberta and the cage measurements off the stand fit! I have decided to go with that cage instead, at that price range I do really want something that will last me a few years :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Habitat