Hand washing fleece?

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
Ratdaddy32

Hand washing fleece?

Post by Ratdaddy32 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:48 pm

I was wondering if it was possible to hand wash fleece and if so what is the best way to do it? I don't have a washing machine at my house and so I have to go to the local laundry to wash my clothes... would it be safe to also wash the fleece with my clothes and if so are there any safe washing stuff to use?

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Hand washing fleece?

Post by cyber ratty » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 pm

It's not as easy to remove smells and hairs when washing by hand, but it's possible to get them 'clean enough' for the rats to reuse. I would use a gentle hand detergent but one without conditioner included. They'll need repeated rinsings to get it out again.

If you were to go to the launderette, I'd put the hammocks inside a wash bag (they are sold for horse rugs - e.g. this one) to prevent hairs getting transferred to the machine, but I would wash your clothes separately unless you want them to gather a hint of rat. :P

Ratdaddy32

Post by Ratdaddy32 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Okie then thanks alot ^^ the washers cost alot for me... so i might have no choice but to wash my clothes together with them can i use any cloth washing stuff if i do?

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am

Yes, but again, I wouldn't use a conditioner at all.

Return to “Habitat”