rat cage

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
tatty

rat cage

Post by tatty » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:09 pm

http://www.cagesworld.co.uk/p/Little_Zo ... _id=838673

does anyone have this cage?

i have an explorer (i think, did think it was a srs xl but have found out its not) but i hate that i can't hang hammocks on the bottom level so after christmas i am going to buy the girls a new cage and let my brother have the one i have now for his 2 boys. (i have been saving and hopefully will have enough after christmas)

so will i be able to hang hammocks on the lower level and does it have deep trays, it looks like it does would be better i think for my girls

Caza66

Re: rat cage

Post by Caza66 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:05 am

This look very similar to an explorer (I think). I have an SRS and thought I would struggling to hang things in the bottom level but it isn’t an issue, once you have it you soon work something out. If this cage is like the SRS then I think they are guards rather than deep trays, there may be shallow plastic trays that fit inside. I bought deep trays to fit inside mine.
Officially ratless. Groot, Star-lord, Yondu adopted by another rat lover.
:rattyrainbow: To all those who have filled my heart, have fun at the bridge.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: rat cage

Post by cyber ratty » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:55 pm

I don't think that has a middle grill either, but the best approach with this style of cage is to remove the middle floor anyway. Fill the space with ropes, branches, other diagonal things like carpet tubes or old cd racks. Dot perches, ledges, and baskets around the edge, and some fall breaker hammocks, cargo nets, or ikea rings.

If you struggle to anchor what you want to, then skewer the cage with some dowling, and attach stuff to that. :luck:

Return to “Habitat”