Recommendations for air filters

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
munkeymajik

Recommendations for air filters

Post by munkeymajik » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi, all,
It's been a while since I posted. Lost my last boy in Feb but now have 3 boys since Saturday!
Just wanted to ask if anyone uses an air filter that is effective? I couldn't afford one before but now I'm a bit better off financially.
I'm using shredded card as a substrate and I've sprinkled a good layer of arboise over the top. This was ok at keeping the odur down with my last 2 boys but with 3 and the heat I've had to do a clean today on top of daily spot cleaning and switching out about 1/4 of the litter each day.
I can budget £150 for one. Any advice would be appreciated.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Recommendations for air filters

Post by cyber ratty » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 am

What are you feeding them? And how old are they? Diet and age can both make a big difference to smells.

munkeymajik

Post by munkeymajik » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi there,
They have been fed lab blocks since being weaned and are now approx 4 months old. Can't be more accurate on age, I believe they came from pets at home initially and I have adopted them from someone who had some allergy issues and couldn't keep them. They are nice healthy active boys. I have some feeds on order from rat rations and will be switching them over to these asap. Really didn't think about the diet issue.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Their age isn't to blame then, but you'll find a huge difference once they are eating better food - rat rations is great. :luck:

munkeymajik

Post by munkeymajik » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Thanks. Fed my last boys on their mixes and didn't have any issues.

Return to “Habitat”