If I put rocks in the cage will they pee on them?

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
henshens

Post by henshens » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi! I’m getting my first boys this weekend, so I’m still new to this and I want to give my all and a best home possible for them.

I have few questions and this is one them:

I was thinking bout decorating and making as natural environment as possible. If the rats like too pee on the pee rock in the litter, does that mean that they will pee on the other rocks too?

Thank u for answering my stupid question! :D

ScissorCrow

Re: If I put rocks in the cage will they pee on them?

Post by ScissorCrow » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:43 am

Yes, they will pee on everything! :P

If you notice the cage starts to stink and there a puddles of pee everywhere have a look at your layout and take away the items they have wee'd on - which will most likely be flat shelves - and replace the with things that encourage activities like climbing with perches, ledges and ropes, they are very agile and can get from top to bottom without resting spots.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: If I put rocks in the cage will they pee on them?

Post by cyber ratty » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:35 pm

I wouldn't put rocks in as decoration, I'd think there could be a risk of one getting hurt if the rock rolled (by being undermined), and it's like to get mucky underneath it.

For a natural look, fill the cage with branches for navigation, natural looking plant pots for beds, wooden perches, sisal rope, and use hessian for hammocks. :luck:

Return to “Habitat”