How to attach rope

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
tubaboya

How to attach rope

Post by tubaboya » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:17 pm

I got a nice thick piece of rope for my rat cage but can't work out how to attach it. It's too wide to fit through the bars and the ends are wrapped in electrical tape do it doesn't unravel and don't imagine that would be good for them to chew on.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can attach this?

[cub]

Re: How to attach rope

Post by [cub] » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 am

Not sure it's possible without leaving the electrical tape inside the cage, or unravelling the rope. I guess you could see if they chew the tape and remove the rope if they do.
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn, Din, and Zephyr Mick Jagger (Edgeworth).
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Donovan (Phoenix) the big dope, Xeltan, Lita (NLA32), Lia (NLA28), Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28), Falere (NLA36), Mirala (NLA36), Zephyr Opold, and Rila.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:07 am

Tie cable ties tightly around each end, then slip a pear clip through the cable tie and fix to the bars. :luck:

You could remove the tape because the cable ties should be tight enough to prevent unravelling, but I doubt the tape would be a problem - if it's sticky then they probably won't chew it, but if they do chew it they won't swallow it (rats can close their mouths behind their front teeth when chewing non food stuff).

tubaboya

Post by tubaboya » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Thanks, found a video for back splicing ropes on boats and done that instead.

Return to “Habitat”