Bed max bedding

Topics on cages, accessories, layouts, free ranging, and enrichment
Yorkie mark 69

Bed max bedding

Post by Yorkie mark 69 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Hi , I've changed my girls bedding from a fleece to bed max so I can scatter food for them,I swapped about a week ago and milly (about 10 week old) started sneezing quite a bit,she already sneezed a little but as got worse there's no blood or mucus.could this be the change in bedding.would appreciate any advice.cheers

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Bed max bedding

Post by cyber ratty » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:55 am

It could be, not all rats like shavings. Shredded cardboard is another alternative to try. If you buy from Rat Rations you can order small samples or various beddings to try out.

Yorkie mark 69

Post by Yorkie mark 69 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Thank you once again cyber ratty,I might have solved the problem I made a hammock out of an old bandana i used to wear at work,but forgot to wash it.i was a builder so you can imagine the dust.we took it out of cage yesterday and she seems to have calmed down I'll obviously keep Keen eye on her.but wot a idiot.lesson learned . cheers anyway

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:38 am

Oh that's much simpler, well spotted. :D

Yorkie mark 69

Post by Yorkie mark 69 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:54 am

Yeah feel bad for milly for not spotting it sooner ,I've had sneezing fits and it knocks hell out of me, tissue tissue.

Yorkie mark 69

Post by Yorkie mark 69 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:12 am

Seems I was wrong about the home made hammock although I think it didn't help but she's still sneezing so I've decided to change bedding, I've sent for some hemp i read it's supposed to be good for allergies so thought I'd give it a try.fingers crossed.

Yorkie mark 69

Post by Yorkie mark 69 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:07 pm

Hi , update on bedding sneezing issue, I've used hemp for about a week now she wasn't too bad for couple of days thought I'd cracked it . but shes doing it again I've washed all toys, hammocks,ropes ect, still no better. But I've noticed the sound is more of a chirpy sound,with a sort of body movement as if she's coughing but she's not wheezing,and she's fine in herself eating well drinking well.she also seems worse at night and in the evening. Are these noises normal ? She sometimes gose all day without any sounds then seems to have bad spell.

Return to “Habitat”