bananna Bruch date and vitamin

Topics on mixes, tailored diets, foods, supplements, methods, and problem eaters
Buzzwizz619

bananna Bruch date and vitamin

Post by Buzzwizz619 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:52 pm

I brought a huge bag of harrisons bananna brunch off RR a few months ago, and the date on the bag was something like February 2016. It said something on it along the lines of the date being the date that the vitamins/minerals are guaranteed until. Does this mean that i will need to start supplementing the diet with the vitamin powder stuff that you sprinkle on wet food but the actual food is safe to keep feeding them?

Amy

acapae_wolf

Re: bananna Bruch date and vitamin

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Pretty much. Although it's not that there will be not vitamins in the food after that date, just with degradation through time they won't match the ones stated on the packet within the legal acceptable limits.

I always just feed base food until it runs out, but I keep an note of the BBD for if supplementing for if I go way past it. (A bit past it really isn't an issue unless where you've stored it is exceptionally warm.) The main thing to supplement will be vitamin D because that's the main one (with calcium) to supplement if using straights/ foods that were never originally supplemented.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

Buzzwizz619

Re: bananna Bruch date and vitamin

Post by Buzzwizz619 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:47 pm

thankyou! ive still got the bag so ill have a check and see exactly what date is on it :)

Amy

Return to “Feeding”