Trying to work out a mix

Topics on mixes, tailored diets, foods, supplements, methods, and problem eaters
Sally

Trying to work out a mix

Post by Sally » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Hi, I have three male rats who are 6 months old. I gave just taken them on and at the moment they are being fed pets at home nuggets. I have heard so much about rat rations and making up your own mix but I am completely clueless to what should go with what. Is there a complete mix I could just put them onto? Any help would be great. also how long would a 20kg bag last?

RedFraggle

Re: Trying to work out a mix

Post by RedFraggle » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:42 am

Rat rations sell complete mixes too http://www.ratrations.com/complete-mixt ... -c-54.html
You want the 7s or 11s
You'll need a vitamin supplement too.
It'll last you about 6 to 8 weeks.
Slave to: Rescue boys Howard, Archie Broadstripe, Ray Shortstripe, Norman Wonkystripe, Albert, Bisley and Walter
Too many on the bridge to list.

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:04 am

Sally wrote:... also how long would a 20kg bag last?
I would suggest feeding about 50g per day between the three of them, so 20kg would last you 400 days, i.e. well over a year. I'd get a smaller bag, and make use of your postage by adding some substrate and toys. :luck:

RedFraggle

Post by RedFraggle » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:29 am

Oops, I read 2kg not 20!
Slave to: Rescue boys Howard, Archie Broadstripe, Ray Shortstripe, Norman Wonkystripe, Albert, Bisley and Walter
Too many on the bridge to list.

Sally

Post by Sally » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:13 am

Thanks so much for the help. I will get them a complete mix. Can I ask what vitamin supplement they need? Many thanks

ElizabethW

Post by ElizabethW » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:48 am

You will need to supplement copper, vit D and calcium - you could use Daily Essentials 1 and Calcivet in their water, or DailyRat 3 mixed into moist food such as veg. RatRations stock them all so you could buy whatever you decide on along with your food order :)
Perkin, Bramble, Teasel, Oswald :love:
Fizz, Cuddles, Bubbles, Horace, Ollie, Humphrey, Fergus, Max, Monty, Pootle, Roger, Marley - "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle"

Return to “Feeding”