Senior aid and other vitamins

Topics on mixes, tailored diets, foods, supplements, methods, and problem eaters
Wilcox_87

Senior aid and other vitamins

Post by Wilcox_87 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:01 pm

I started giving Senior Aid today as two of my three bucks are now starting with HLD, one of them seems to be progressing rather quickly :( On the bottle it says that it also contains “a full compliment of vitamins and minerals”, but it doesn’t say which ones. As it is fed on a daily basis does this mean that I should decrease the other vitamins? They get DR3 twice a week and Dr.S/Calcivet once a week. They are on a RR based kidney friendly mix. I don’t want to end up over doing their vitamin intake as I know some, like vitamin A, can affect the liver and other organs if given too much. Any advice would be great :D

On an additional note, and not wanting to create an extra topic post, does anyone have any suggestions for a kidney friendly wet food to help gain a little weight? My boy with the more advanced HLD is becoming quite boney and I want to give him a bit of an extra boost. I am waiting to get a good sample of urine from him so I can do a dip test to check for proteins before I start using Ipakitine but so far he is unwilling to pee anywhere other than on the litter on his toilet :roll:
Rose with Klaus and Damon

Sleep well beautiful girls Pip and Loki, my gorgeous boys Moley Frank Sammy and Dean :rattyrainbow:
Run free my beautiful boy Beans. You were the best cat in the World and were ripped away from us far too soon. If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever :hearts:

HereticPr1me

Re: Senior aid and other vitamins

Post by HereticPr1me » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Heya, hope your boys are doing well :oldbuck:

Youve probably found the answer by now but thought I share that Viovet has the ingredients listed as :

Ingredients

The following shows the mg/10ml.

Liquid

Glucosamine HCL - 300mg
Omega 3 Fatty Acids - 125mg
Chondroitin Sulphate - 120mg
Phosphatidylserine - 100mg
Beta Glucan - 10mg
Cysteine - 200mg
L-Arginine - 150mg
L-Methonine - 125mg
L-Carnitine L-Tartarate - 100mg
Thiamine HCL - 0.40mg
Ribofl avin - 1.44mg
Niacin - 5.6mg
Vitamin B 12 (Cyanocobalmin) - 0.035mcg
Vitamin B6 - 0.4mg
Vitamin E (D alpha tocepherol) - 28.8mg

Theres also a cat version thats a gel, which has slightly different ingredients (also on the viovet site), but Ive never seen that version on rat warehouse.
Doug, witless provider to :
Ratties :smile: ex-lab boys Boxer and Spot and :girly: old girl Jess.
Budgies Freyja and Haiku.
:rattyrainbow: 42 storytellers loved and lost, most recently : Washburn :rattyrainbow:

Return to “Feeding”