Senior aid and other vitamins

Topics on mixes, tailored diets, foods, supplements, methods, and problem eaters
Wilcox_87

Senior aid and other vitamins

Post by Wilcox_87 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:01 pm

I started giving Senior Aid today as two of my three bucks are now starting with HLD, one of them seems to be progressing rather quickly :( On the bottle it says that it also contains “a full compliment of vitamins and minerals”, but it doesn’t say which ones. As it is fed on a daily basis does this mean that I should decrease the other vitamins? They get DR3 twice a week and Dr.S/Calcivet once a week. They are on a RR based kidney friendly mix. I don’t want to end up over doing their vitamin intake as I know some, like vitamin A, can affect the liver and other organs if given too much. Any advice would be great :D

On an additional note, and not wanting to create an extra topic post, does anyone have any suggestions for a kidney friendly wet food to help gain a little weight? My boy with the more advanced HLD is becoming quite boney and I want to give him a bit of an extra boost. I am waiting to get a good sample of urine from him so I can do a dip test to check for proteins before I start using Ipakitine but so far he is unwilling to pee anywhere other than on the litter on his toilet :roll:
Rose with Rescue boys Frank, Dean and Sammy
The rat-friendly cat Beans and the Russian (vertically challenged) hamster Horatio Hamblower
Sleep well my beautiful girls Pip and Loki :girly: :rattyrainbow: :hearts:
Wildie baby boy: Moley :baby: :rattyrainbow: :hearts: You are always in my heart little one

HereticPr1me

Re: Senior aid and other vitamins

Post by HereticPr1me » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Heya, hope your boys are doing well :oldbuck:

Youve probably found the answer by now but thought I share that Viovet has the ingredients listed as :

Ingredients

The following shows the mg/10ml.

Liquid

Glucosamine HCL - 300mg
Omega 3 Fatty Acids - 125mg
Chondroitin Sulphate - 120mg
Phosphatidylserine - 100mg
Beta Glucan - 10mg
Cysteine - 200mg
L-Arginine - 150mg
L-Methonine - 125mg
L-Carnitine L-Tartarate - 100mg
Thiamine HCL - 0.40mg
Ribofl avin - 1.44mg
Niacin - 5.6mg
Vitamin B 12 (Cyanocobalmin) - 0.035mcg
Vitamin B6 - 0.4mg
Vitamin E (D alpha tocepherol) - 28.8mg

Theres also a cat version thats a gel, which has slightly different ingredients (also on the viovet site), but Ive never seen that version on rat warehouse.
Doug, witless provider to :
Ratties :smile: ex-lab boys Boxer and Spot and :girly: old girl Jess.
Budgies Freyja and Haiku.
:rattyrainbow: 42 storytellers loved and lost, most recently : Washburn :rattyrainbow:

Return to “Feeding”