Are all types of kale ok? And which dark chocolate?

Topics on mixes, tailored diets, foods, supplements, methods, and problem eaters
Little_Lovelies

Are all types of kale ok? And which dark chocolate?

Post by Little_Lovelies » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:07 am

I think i read somewhere that curly kale isn’t, but i may have got that the wrong way around. Basically i’m wondering about the kale in an Asda mixed leaf salad bag. Is it always the same type used in bags of salad? I’m not much of a chef so for all I know one type could be ‘desert Kale’ ; )

I’ve heard that a cube of dark chocolate can be good to open the airways and possibly as an antioxidant? I would only be giving my fellas a fraction of a cube on occasions as a whole cube seems vast, but i just wondered if anyone can recommend a specific bar that they’ve used? Presumably a dark chocolate one that’s very high percentage wise?

Thank you!

Feolthanos

Re: Are all types of kale ok? And which dark chocolate?

Post by Feolthanos » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:18 am

I've only heard that curly kale is okay, but I've no idea why or if others aren't. Would be interested in people's thoughts on this.

I'm not sure if there's any science behind the dark chocolate thing, but it's one I've heard said a lot. If there is you likely need to use a good quality dark chocolate with a high cocoa content as you mentioned. Anything less is likely to be just be something very high in fat and sugar and not be the best treat.

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:50 am

I've also heard the dark chocolate thing too but not seen anything to back it up. In my opinion, if a rat has sufficient symptoms to warrant treatment, it needs actual medicine. Chocolate is a nice treat though, but only a treat. Very high cocoa content bars are bitter as heck and I'm not sure a rat in their right mind would want to eat it. (One of my friends likes to leave them lying around the office to prank coworkers... :lol: )

Kale is fine, curly or otherwise. It's all Brassica oleracea. Not sure why anyone would want to eat it in a salad though ... better them than me. :P With a very few exceptions (carbonated beverages are the only thing that come to mind, since rats can't burp), anything intended for human consumption is fine for rats at least in moderation.
Poo-shoveller to: Calyn (NLA32); Zephyr Nyahir; Zephyr Zymandis; Zephyr Blasto.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Mick Jagger "Edgeworth"; Din (NLA28); Zephyr Donovan "Phoenix"; Xeltan; Lita (NLA32); Lia (NLA28); Zephyr Delanynder (NLA28); Falere (NLA36); Mirala (NLA36); Zephyr Opold; Rila.

Feolthanos

Post by Feolthanos » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:11 pm

[cub] wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:50 am
IVery high cocoa content bars are bitter as heck and I'm not sure a rat in their right mind would want to eat it. (One of my friends likes to leave them lying around the office to prank coworkers... :lol: )
Can your coworker come work at my place? :lol: I love dark bitter chocolate :roll:

Little_Lovelies

Post by Little_Lovelies » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:35 pm

Loving that last reply! : D

Thank you all for the advice : )

Return to “Feeding”