Fresh foods my rats ate today

Topics on mixes, tailored diets, foods, supplements, methods, and problem eaters
nmt100

Re: Fresh foods my rats ate today

Post by nmt100 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:59 pm

My girls had mixed pepper stirfry last night - rice, all colours of peppers, peas, carrots, bean sprouts, onion, kale and blueberries for their pud. Tonight they got a couple of boiled eggs to fight over, kale, pineapple, apricot, peas, beansprouts, watercress and mint. I've only been doing a 50:50 fresh and dry mix for the past 3 weeks but the oldies seem alot happier and healthier and the babies are thriving :D Oh and a bit of denim for good measure they love a good chew through my jeans :lol:
The rats: Willow, Cissi, Bella and Digit. The gerbils: Clara and Oswin
Not forgettting those at the bridge - play hard and run free :rattyrainbow:

neotoma

Post by neotoma » Wed May 23, 2012 10:38 am

Monday: Kale, sweetcorn, green beans, mint, red capsicum, cherries, persimmon

Tuesday: Chicken bones and scraps, mushroom, pak choy, carrot, yellow sweet chilli, silver beet (swiss chard), tomato, persimmon, blueberries

Geeti

Post by Geeti » Wed May 23, 2012 10:50 am

Yesterday: Blueberries (oh, this lovely spots on tails ^^), strawberries, kale, couscous with some herbs and cod oil.
Today: Kale, cucumber, haddock.
**My boys: Twilight Barra, HKM Bilbo, Brunel Sasha, Brunel Kaname, Brunel Raziel, Aki, Shin, Malthael. My sweet girls Misha, Nox, Freya, Lexi xx**
My little angels at the bridge. Love you always.
/English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes x/

Plex

Post by Plex » Wed May 23, 2012 11:28 am

Today: Couscous, tuna, mixed berries, pak choy, potato, tomato, mushroom, corn, and if they're lucky they'll be sharing a little bit of my pasta :P
Mummy to Harriet and Molly <3

majix

Post by majix » Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 am

Tonight's fresh part of the menu for the boys: Apple, carrot, beef, basil leaves, and probably a couple of pieces of pasta with a (homemade) tomato and herb sauce on.
Christine - with bucks , Pilot, D'argo, Eddie, Riffraff, Kaiju & Stacker :hearts:

And Columbus & Tallahassee no longer with us

Purepsycho

Post by Purepsycho » Wed May 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Today mine have had cherry tomatoes, Kale and brocolli.

As a vegan it always looks more appealing when the ratties eat fresh food :)
Shelley; DW Fozzy Joker Badger Tricky Baileys Jack Billy Roland Sirius Orion Perseus Sorrel Teasel Ash & Rowan. The girls: Minuit Rosie Pippin Tog Pogle & Fenn - And all my many many loved furries at the bridge, never forgotten in our hearts xx

KateR

Post by KateR » Wed May 23, 2012 9:14 pm

For breakfast they had fresh liver (ox, lamb and pig) cooked on the BBQ that we had last night.
Mummy to the Rattray Stud rats.
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge - 164 ratty angels.
http://www.rattraystud.co.uk
http://www.yorkshireratclub.org.uk/

Miss Aislin

Post by Miss Aislin » Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Raspberries grapes and blueberries tonight... I am going to have some interestingly coloured rats in the morning!
Mummy to: Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured, Sugar Coated Accident, Violet Hill and Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin.
RIP to the many at the bridge xx

majix

Post by majix » Thu May 24, 2012 8:26 am

Last night's menu changed slightly for the boys because I couldn't be bothered cooking pasta for myself :roll: So they got a bit of toast crust and some boiled egg as well as their fruit / veg / herbs. I think boiled egg might become a fave treat for them, it's the first time i've seen them go really nuts for food! :shock:
Christine - with bucks , Pilot, D'argo, Eddie, Riffraff, Kaiju & Stacker :hearts:

neotoma

Post by neotoma » Thu May 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Wednesday: Pasta, thyme, avacado, brocolli, salad, red capsicum, apple

Thursday: Fried rice, carrot, kale, peas, cauliflower, mint, apple, strawberries

Faun

Post by Faun » Thu May 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Yesterday was broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, parsley and blueberries.

Today was vegetable and lentil soup, parsley, and ratty ice lollies made of James Wellbeloved dog food, peas, white rice, diced banana and water all mulched up and frozen.
Emily and Topher, the dogbeast.
Love you Bond, Liam, George, Blaze, Jamie, Tumnus, Bailey, Finn, Jayne, Simon.

majix

Post by majix » Fri May 25, 2012 8:31 am

Got a bargain stirfry for 9p in the asda last night :lol: So T & C got introduced to beansprouts, red pepper and cabbage. Not sure they were very impressed :roll:

neotoma

Post by neotoma » Fri May 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Tonight: Sweet potato, baked beans, beansprouts, brocolli, sweetcorn, green beans, salad leaves, avacado, basil stems, persimmon, cherries

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Sat May 26, 2012 12:39 am

Yesterday was kidney beans, spinach, cauliflower leaf, lettuce, sweet potato, turnipy-thing, carrot, green courgette, green peper, tomato, corn on the cob after I'd eaten it, lemon thyme, dill, strawberry, fig, black and green grapes, flax oil.

Tonight was liver ice lollies (er, frozen raw liver chopped up), spinach, cauliflower leaf, sweet potato, parsnip, turnipy-thing, carrot, red pepper, tomato, peas, sage, rosemary, satsuma, strawberry, black and green grapes.
majix wrote:Got a bargain stirfry for 9p in the asda last night :lol: So T & C got introduced to beansprouts, red pepper and cabbage. Not sure they were very impressed :roll:
Whoop! Not sure if you're aware or not, but those stir fry bags freeze really well. Because everything is pre-chopped you can very easily break off the amount you want to give from the frozen lump. Really handy when it's all horrible and hot :lol:
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Sat May 26, 2012 12:59 am

Sweetcorn, apple, cherry, cucumber, strawberries, baby corn and grapes!
Anthony & Edward, Liam and Spartan

Return to “Feeding”