Fresh foods my rats ate today

Topics on mixes, tailored diets, foods, supplements, methods, and problem eaters
acapae_wolf

Fresh foods my rats ate today

Post by acapae_wolf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:07 am

Gotta have another one of these :D

Mine have spinach, carrot, yellow pepper, apple, parsley, pilchards in tomato sauce, haricot beans, white rice and orange/ mango juice (it got a bit too solid). Doesn't look too bad actually, but the combination smells very odd!
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

Emma10

Re: Fresh foods my rats ate today

Post by Emma10 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 am

Not today but last night they had a bowl of potato skins (oh I hate them!), carrot, lettuce and a few grapes.

And my mum let them all have a lick of cream off her finger....
*Ratless* RIP Billy my <3 rat. RIP Maximus, my fatty. RIP Bilo, my crazy little loon.

Mummy to Stumpy, the drop tail Crested Gecko! <3

Kyra
Admin Aide

Post by Kyra » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:10 am

Mine haven't had owt yet :lol: they're digging for bits of last nights dry mix though. They'll get something later, but I can't tell you what yet, it is likely to involve random things like carrots, plums, brown rice and possibly egg. Shopping day is tomorrow so tonight will be random night!

Catz

Post by Catz » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:25 am

Last night they had a huge feast cooked pasta, mince, peas, carrot and corn in one bowl and strawberries, cucumber and peach in another. We were cleaning out the fridge so they got everthing that was about to be thrown out, except for the pasta and mince, that was just our dinner. Everthing was gone this morning and they were in no mood for their morning free range. Fatties :oops: Only dry mix today!
*Ratless*
Rip Socrates, Cai, Loki, Eli, Newton, Sheldon, Sol, Riloh, Di Vinci, Pip, Squeek and Joey
1 German Shepherd (Rio) and 1 Glen of Imaal Terrier (Archer) and 1 ferret (Toki Wartooth) and 1 cat (Ike Crowly)

Emma10

Post by Emma10 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:57 am

They just had a little bit of left over scrambled egg... Bilo got so excited he jumped from the attick hammock, landed in it, knocked the bowl over and is now walking round making sticky foot prints...
*Ratless* RIP Billy my <3 rat. RIP Maximus, my fatty. RIP Bilo, my crazy little loon.

Mummy to Stumpy, the drop tail Crested Gecko! <3

Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Mine had lettuce, grapes, red pepper, cucumber, sweetcorn and peas mixed with some salmon oil.
Rhiannon with Fizz and Inga.

Formerly Rhi01.

razcox

Post by razcox » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Not today but last night mine had, mokey nuts in the shell with a mix of chopped veggies & fruit which was: Strawberry, Apple, bananna, peas, corn, green beans and carrott. As well as the dry mix and the bongo girls got some spring greens as well.

Tonight the babies will get the mix again with some egg, the bongo girls will get the mix with a chip as a treat from tea.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Proud doggie mommy to Cassie, Ela and Raina - http://www.lukoinortherninuits.co.uk, rats Cookie (Buff), Pip (Russian Silver Agouti), Noodle (Russian dove?) and Skye (Russian Blue). :girly:

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 pm

They had chinese leaf cabbage for breakfast.
Mummy to the Rattray Stud rats.
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge - 164 ratty angels.
http://www.rattraystud.co.uk
http://www.yorkshireratclub.org.uk/

Willow

Post by Willow » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Last night they had some chicken with a little brown rice. And so far today they've had some weetabix this morning & with lunch they had some slices of banana which the babies loved. Wanted to get some pics of them looking so happy with their slices but darling son had drained the batteries without telling us. :roll:
The poster formally known as Greywitch.
Mum to Meep, Riddick, Tails, Errol, Morse, Salem & Skittles & all those at the bridge.

Faun

Post by Faun » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Mine have had spring greens, kidney beans and carrot so far, and will also be getting a boiled egg in about 5 minutes :) If they eat all their carrot like good little bucks I might offer them a bit of banana later too.
Emily and Topher, the dogbeast.
Love you Bond, Liam, George, Blaze, Jamie, Tumnus, Bailey, Finn, Jayne, Simon.

Kyra
Admin Aide

Post by Kyra » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:49 pm

I was right, randomness did indeed prevail this evening. They had plums, cooked brown rice, kale, apple, carrot, chickpeas and some other kind of funny pea/bean thing in a tin that i've forgotten the name of already.

Yay for random night! Reminds me, I need to write my shopping list for tomorrow...

Binky

Post by Binky » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Last night they had their usual dry mix with brocolli, spring greens, bell pepper, green beans, melon, pineapple and courgette.

Today was their fresh food only day and they had: sweet potato, wholewheat pasta, red kidney beans, broad beans, mackeral, peas, cauliflower, brocolli and carrot. They are very contented ratties at the moment :D
Lisa and the ratty mischief makers :hearts:
Sleep well all those that have left :rattyrainbow:

Lloy-D2788

Post by Lloy-D2788 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Tuesday night they got a chicken carcass, butternut squash, spring greens and asparagus!
Wednesday night they got spring greens, broccoli, carrots and tomatoes!
Tonight they're getting spring greens, sardines in tomato sauce, bulgar wheat, carrots and broccoli!
Lloyd x
It feels like home to me...
Eximius Rats
North of England Rat Society

lechien

Post by lechien » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:18 pm

it was a bit boring for them tonight. they got tomato, cucumber, cooked pasta, canned sweet corn and canned peas. oh and i just baked whole wheat bread, so they got a fresh bite each. ;) i need to go shopping tomorrow and get more fresh veggies! (to feed myself with too... :oops: )
Aya the human waiting to meet my beautiful Zazie, sweetheart Zima, miracle Hilda, baby-face Elvira (fka Marylin), princess warrior Pünktchen, gentle Tapir, and amazing Audrey playing together on the moon made of cheese

fiona2348

Post by fiona2348 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:22 pm

Mine had coucous with carrot, broccoli and sweetcorn - the carrot and broccoli was still there when I went downstairs, but gone when went back up! :)

Return to “Feeding”