Fresh foods my rats ate today

Topics on mixes, tailored diets, foods, supplements, methods, and problem eaters
acapae_wolf

Re: Fresh foods my rats ate today

Post by acapae_wolf » Mon May 19, 2014 11:20 pm

I was just about to have a glug of my smoothie and thankfully I looked in it first and there's a moth in it *wails*
So er, strawberry and banana innocent smoothie for the rats then... :lol:

Oh, and they had 1/3 of this (there's a bowl under there) over the weekend. I can't be bothered to list everything that's there, but woodland-collected.
Beri with all at Dandelion Soup
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Mon May 26, 2014 9:30 pm

Got about £25 worth of fruit and veg today for £2 in Tesco! Good timing! Rats are going to be spoilt over the next few days.

Strawberries, fennel, spring greens, carrot, blackberries, spinach, basil, bak choi, purple broccoli and potato.
Anthony & Edward, Liam and Spartan

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:44 am

I'm not sure if you're aware Anthony, but all purple-sprouting broccoli belongs to me :P For various reasons mine are getting spoilt at the minute. Last night they had sweetcorn and pepper pizza and some kale.
1 cat, 50-70 mice, 2x guinea pigs, 2x gerbils, 2x Syrian hamsters, 2x Russian hybrids looking for new homes ;)

pinkeleisha5

Post by pinkeleisha5 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:11 pm

my rats get a mini salad daily along with their rat mix and lab blocks and tonight they got cucumber, carrot, peas, tomato and green capsicum.
owner of two happy female ratties Penny and Lunar (RIP Lexi, you will forever be missed greatly) <3

(Australia)

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 pm

acapae_wolf wrote:I'm not sure if you're aware Anthony, but all purple-sprouting broccoli belongs to me :P For various reasons mine are getting spoilt at the minute. Last night they had sweetcorn and pepper pizza and some kale.
I've never actually had any purple broccoli! Whenever I've bought it, the rats end up getting it. I once bought one of those pointy cauliflower things, and the rats got that too! I did get some purple Mangetout yesterday though... I never even knew it existed!

Tonight the ratties had fresh garlic, chives, mangetout, bak choy, kale and cherry tomatoes.
Anthony & Edward, Liam and Spartan

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:33 am

Over 2 months with no posts? Poor thread :lol:

Tonight mine had beetroot leaves, green beans, courgette, Brussels sprouts, parsnip, yellow pepper, thyme, tarragon and parsley. Drizzled with sunflower oil with some DR3 on top. Trying to reduce the number of bags I have in the freezer, pretty much (only the pepper was fresh). Oh, and the boys had an Innocent Smoothie carton to chew up/ lick out, while the girls had a milk bottle.

gazz

Post by gazz » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:40 am

i'm looking forwards to having rats again so they can share the salad and veggie items i buy, as what ever i buy i never seem to use it before it's past it's best and needing to be thrown out,
my dog turns her nose up at any salad offerings, and my magpie just plays with salad and veggies... mind that can be entertaining, i gave him a whole tomato once, and he speared his beak in it, then walked around as if he was wearing a giant red nose :lol:
Owned by Chocolate and Caramel the hooded rats, plus Toffee the collieX dog and Robbie the ex pet Magpie, now living in the wild successfully.

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:21 pm

I've been cooking a lot of dals lately (and only once accidentally set things on fire! so far.) and realised they're actually pretty rat-suitable, so tonight the girls are getting a khichari made with mung beans, brown rice, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, and tomato. They had dal for the first time last week, and it was met with great suspicion initially but was all eaten up by the next morning, so hopefully they'll appreciate this one as well.
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

[cub]

Post by [cub] » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:27 pm

Me again. :lol: Tonight they had a little bit of mooncake, since it's the Mid-Autumn festival and it comes but once a year, so why not let them join in the festivities. :D But also some broccoli, cauliflower, and mushroom since one sadly cannot live on cake alone. ;)
Poo-shoveller to: Lia and Lita.
Fondly remembering: Zephyr Delanynder the big floofy eejit (NLA28), Falere the contrary (NLA36), Mirala the best and finest (NLA36), Zephyr Opold the serene, and Rila the rodentist.

MxBlu

Post by MxBlu » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:55 pm

Savoy cabbage, Rocket, baby beetroot leaves, mangetout, sugar snap peas, apple and nectarine.

They did pick out all the nectarine and apple first before grudgingly eyeing up all the green stuff :roll:
Blu
:baby: :baby: :dumbobaby: :dumbobaby: :smile: :smile:

Caza66

Post by Caza66 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Breakfast included melon, strawberries, blueberries, mango, carrot and cucumber. Evening meal included watercress, mange tout, baby sweetcorn and green beans
My current gang :hearts: Drax, Groot, Star-lord, Yondu
:rattyrainbow: To all those who have filled my heart, have fun at the bridge.

MxBlu

Post by MxBlu » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:03 pm

Blackberries (picked while I walked the dogs), peas, sweetcorn, and a little bit apple of apple that I hung in a makeshift dangly doo dah. Also chicken bones courtesy of my brother
Blu

pinkeleisha5

Post by pinkeleisha5 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:55 am

tonight they had their usual: rat food mix and fruit and vegetables and as a special treat from dinner they got quiche
owner of two happy female ratties Penny and Lunar (RIP Lexi, you will forever be missed greatly) <3

(Australia)

MxBlu

Post by MxBlu » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:14 pm

cous cous cooked in curry powder with mushrooms, stirfried savoy cabbage & onions [my dinner] & cooked pasta with vegan cheese, peas, sweet corn [my OH's dinner]
Blu

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:41 am

Last night mine only really got a smattering of green beans. But the night before they had a milk bottle, to lick out pepper, tomato, chickweed, hawthorn, dandelion and butternut squash, sprinkled with linseed oil. Plus sage, rosemary, lavender and parsley. And Harv and Salad Man had some macaroni cheese leftovers for their oldies supper.
[cub] wrote:Tonight they had a little bit of mooncake, since it's the Mid-Autumn festival and it comes but once a year, so why not let them join in the festivities. :D
What did they think? :D

Return to “Feeding”