RatOutofHell Rescue taking a break

All other topics relating to rat care which have not been covered above
shiprat

RatOutofHell Rescue taking a break

Post by shiprat » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:37 pm

I have put off writing this post as ROHR has been such a big part of my life for the past 6 years.
Due to a few things going awry in my personal life over the past month or so I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that I'm currently not in the position to run ROHR.
All rats that were in rescue here have now either been homed or joined groups with my own rats. I am for the foreseeeable future not taking rats in unless they have been rehomed from here - when I will, without exception, welcome them back if needed.
Rat Out of Hell Rescue.

RedFraggle

Re: RatOutofHell Rescue taking a break

Post by RedFraggle » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that because I think ROHR has been brilliant. .
There are many many rats that have benefited from your dedication as a rat rescuer. You get a massive pat on the back from me.
I hope things settle down for you soon.
Slave to: Rescue boys Howard, Archie Broadstripe, Ray Shortstripe, Norman Wonkystripe, Albert, Bisley and Walter
Too many on the bridge to list.

alijane

Post by alijane » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:01 pm

All the Shiprats and the (adopted) Ship Ferret second that ... A huge pat on the back for Jackie :hearts:

NellyNoodle

Post by NellyNoodle » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Hope everything's ok Jackie xx

lynnep

Post by lynnep » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Sorry to hear this Jackie, I have had four lovely ratties from you in the past and they have been fantastic. We adopted Amber and Rosie from you at Alijanes infamous tea party where nearly everyone went home with more than they came with :D and then we adopted Blossom and Ruby from you about a year later. I agree with Redfraggle and Alijane a massive pat on the back for what you have done in rescuing ratties and rehoming them. I hope you are ok Jackie xxx
Mum to Tegan, Polly, Ollie, Lulu, Freya, Lilah, Abbi, Maisie and Lexi
:rattyrainbow: Jazz, Lola, Skye, Rufus, Rosie, Valerie, Cecily, Amber, Blossom, Bella, Ruby, Milo, Max, Hettie, Erin, Lily, Diddy

starstar

Post by starstar » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:42 pm

I truly admire you, running a rescue is a massive commitment and I have seen nothing but dedication from you. I hope you manage to sort things out.
Ferret mum to..
Millie, Eddie, Riffraff & Fizzgig, Baloo, Dillon, Rupert, Pookie, Rosie, Buck, Kira, Louis and Lilly "Of the Clan Macphearson"
Dearly departed Mario and Taz, Luigi and Loki x forever in our hearts ratty babies x
Departed Ferret babies: Milo & Sam

Nicky
Admin Aide

Post by Nicky » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:56 pm

(((HUGE HUGS))) I never did rescue on the scale you have but even I know how much it takes it out of you (memories of standing in the shower in tears after being let down on a rehome) and I've had that conversation with other rescues too.

Look forward to being Shipratted if and when you feel ready to take this on again - you only got me once :lol:
Cats Steffi Mac
:love: Zulu Pixie Candy Topsy Storm Mercury Dante Gabriel Mitchell Ruairí ;)
:rattyrainbow: Forever in my heart (click) :cry:

Caza66

Post by Caza66 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Sorry to hear this Jackie but sometimes other things take priority. Hope things are ok and you'll still be on the forum. You've helped a lot of ratties and the four I have rehomed, I know, will be grateful for your services.

Take care. Xx
Officially ratless. Groot, Star-lord, Yondu adopted by another rat lover.
:rattyrainbow: To all those who have filled my heart, have fun at the bridge.

ElizabethW

Post by ElizabethW » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Like Nicky, I only had rats from you once and they have brought us so much happiness, so thank you :hearts:

There comes a point in time where you need to put yourself first - look after yourself and I hope everything comes right for you in the end xx
Perkin, Bramble, Teasel, Oswald :love:
Fizz, Cuddles, Bubbles, Horace, Ollie, Humphrey, Fergus, Max, Monty, Pootle, Roger, Marley - "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle"

SueN

Post by SueN » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:40 pm

This is the right move just at this moment Jackie. You do amazing work but you also have a life and it is now time to prioritise, always here for you as is my coffee machine ;) :hearts:
Formerly SuzyN, chief ratroom assistant at Aquarius Stud, breeding for British Blue, Black, British Blue Agouti, Agouti.

http://aquariusrattery.co.uk

Lloy-D2788

Post by Lloy-D2788 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:04 am

I'm sorry to hear that but glad that you're looking after yourself, that's important. Life likes to get in the way but I hope everything works out in the end.
Lloyd x
It feels like home to me...
Eximius Rats
North of England Rat Society

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Post by cyber ratty » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:08 am

You've done a magnificent job by changing the lives of countless rats :love: and I have huge respect for you because of that, and also for making this decision - it can't have been easy. It's time now to take care of yourself, I hope you get on top of whatever life's thrown at you.

Love and {{{hugs}}} :hearts: x

beeratz

Post by beeratz » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:07 pm

So sorry to hear this Jackie :( I really hope that things improve for you soon! :luck:
Bobby, Crowley, Nyx and Asteria thank you for allowing me to find and adopt them :hearts: you've done amazing work for so so many ratties! :hearts:
Bobby and Crowley the supernatural boys, plus girlies Nyx, Asteria, Chloe, Calypso and Freyja :hearts:

My Angels that had to leave :rattyrainbow: - I love you all :love:

amy104

Post by amy104 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:31 am

You do amazing work but you also have a life and it is now time to prioritise, always here for you as is my coffee machine ;) :hearts:
I totally agree with this. Sometimes you need to look after yourself first.

You have made a massive difference to many ratties and I completely admire you.

If you are ever Bristol way and you fancy a coffee you are always welcome here.
Slave to a gorgeous little mischief: Remy, Mr Jingles, Templeton, Fievel, Milo, Spartacus, Crixus, Basil, Frisby, Mocha, Latte & Expresso.

Mayamy
Admin Aide

Post by Mayamy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:46 pm

Sorry to hear this Jackie but looking after yourself definitely takes priority. As well as the many, many rats you've helped, I'm sure there are an awful lot of rat owners out there who've been influenced by ROHR too - myself included as my ROHR girls were the first rescues I'd had and are the reason I try to have some rescues in my group now. Hope everything works out okay for you.
Amy - with Pixel, Dora, Ren, Vex, Nova & Tali

Return to “Other care”