Introducing another rat or rats to my 1 year old Male

All other topics relating to rat care which have not been covered above
Claref

Introducing another rat or rats to my 1 year old Male

Post by Claref » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Waffles, our 1 year old, lost his playmate just over 3 months ago. He doesn't seem too depressed without a playmate, and he gets plenty of attention, but we think he would be better with another playmate..or two. The question is, do we introduce another male of similar age, or would it be better with 2. The cage is big enough to house 3 rats, and we do have another (smaller) cage, so we can gradually introduce the rat/rats to Waffles. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Clare

Rhian33
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Introducing another rat or rats to my 1 year old Male

Post by Rhian33 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:31 pm

I would definitely suggest a couple more so you don't end up with a lone rat soon. Most people say babies are easiest but personally i think it depends. Whereabouts are you? Maybe we could suggest somewhere sensible to source some new friends?
Angharad, Barb, Bella, Carys, Demerara, Ida, Nancy, Sasha, Sinead, Siobhan, Spice, Sugar, Veronica :smileyrat:
53 gone but not forgotten :rainbow:

Claref

Post by Claref » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:37 pm

We are in Ipswich, Suffolk. I have been looking at pet rescue boards etc, any help with other sources would be great. X

RedFraggle

Post by RedFraggle » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Halcyon Stud is in Lowestoft and Wood Green animal home always have rats (just off the A14 at Huntingdon)
Slave to: Rescue boys Howard, Archie Broadstripe, Ray Shortstripe, Norman Wonkystripe, Albert, Bisley and Walter
Too many on the bridge to list.

Rhian33
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Rhian33 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:40 pm

I volunteer at wood green as Redfraggle has suggested. I'm sure we could help you find some friends for your little one. Feel free to pm me
Angharad, Barb, Bella, Carys, Demerara, Ida, Nancy, Sasha, Sinead, Siobhan, Spice, Sugar, Veronica :smileyrat:
53 gone but not forgotten :rainbow:

Return to “Other care”