Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Other care

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Frequent transport
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:09 pm 

Hi! At first - sorry for my English :P
I've been considering living with rats for quite a long time (I've never had any pet), but I met a problem which is hard for me to cope with. Me and my family travel to village every weekend in spring and summer. We usually arrive on Friday and come back on Sunday, and a single road trip takes 2 hours. I'm worried that driving with rats so often will be very stressful for them. And also I don't know whether they'll get used to their second home at the village. I must say, I am really dreaming of caring rats, but I know that their comfort and happiness comes first.
I'll be really grateful for your response and help!!

Post subject: Re: Frequent transport
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:34 pm 

Hello and welcome! :D Please don't apologise for your English; apparently native English speakers are the world's worst communicators (http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20161028-native-english-speakers-are-the-worlds-worst-communicators) so I'm the one who should be apologising! :oops: :lol:

Most rats cope very well with travel, and they can also get used to living in more than one home. I haven't heard of anyone travelling that frequently with their rats so I can't say for sure, but I expect that rats would actually cope better with frequent travel, since it would become routine for them. If they'll be travelling in the same car every time, they'll get used to the smells and sounds of the car, which will make it even easier for them. 2 hours is not a particularly long journey either: some rats in the UK do 6 hour journeys (or longer!) travelling across the country. If you get a small cat carrier (something like this http://www.ferplast.com/int/atlas-10-open.html) and put in a comfortable bed, the rats will probably just sleep the whole way. :luck:

Post subject: Re: Frequent transport
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:06 pm 

Thank you so much! I hope my future rats won't mind such travels :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Other care