Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Other care

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: NEW RATS
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:45 pm 

Helloo I'm just looking for a bit of advice,

i had 2 Rats one of them had to get put down due to respiratory infection which came on rather quickly a few weeks ago, The other rat seemed to be a little upset but is finally looking is usual self! I was wondering if i should get some more little friends for him to play with however ive heard there is a risk when one rat has respiratory infection and the other one doesn't that he is more than likely a carrier?? i'm unsure weather this is true? and if there was anyway if getting more rats would catch it or something i've heard mixed answers any information/advice would be amazing

Thank you!! :hearts: :halo: :love:

Post subject: Re: NEW RATS
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 am 
Fancy Rats Team

Yes your rat needs the companionship of other rats - I would look for 2 or 3 kittens asap, and introduce them when they are about 9 - 10 weeks old. Use the carrier method.

All rats carry myco, which is usually what causes respiratory symptoms, so you don't have to worry about it being caught. Most rats will not suffer any ill effects from carrying it, but some will have life long problems. Even if the cause of your other rats illness was something else, it's now gone, and since your other rat is well, the new babies will be safe.

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Stud (rattery site)

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Fancy Rats Forum » Rat Care » Other care