Breeders in the East of England

Websites of people who breed rats.
Fancy Rats Admin
Fancy Rats Team

Breeders in the East of England

Post by Fancy Rats Admin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Please add to this thread if you are a rat breeder in the East of England area.

Regional map of area boundaries.
Regards,
Fancy Rats Team

cyber ratty
Fancy Rats Team

Re: Breeders in the East of England

Post by cyber ratty » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Zephyr Rat Stud
South Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
http://www.zephyrrats.co.uk

Since I consider rats to be the ideal companion pet, I aim to breed rats who I believe are well suited to that role - affectionate people oriented extroverts. I hope to see their lifespan extend gradually as I am selecting for a slower rate of development.

My lines are based on the american mink gene because I adore it, and varieties will include black, agouti, american mink, american cinnamon, chocolate american mink, chocolate american cinnamon, havana, havana agouti, platinum, platinum agouti, quicksilver, quicksilver agouti, chocolate, chocolate agouti, pale british blue and british blue agouti, some will be dumbo.

Specific litter plans and expected varieties are detailed on my site.

Halcyon

Post by Halcyon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Halcyon Rats
Lowestoft, Suffolk

I mainly breed for Agouti, Topaz, Hooded (in agouti and black), Golden Himalayan and Russian Topaz. All the above can be available in rex. All are in top-ear.

While working on these lines I can also get: all Russian Varieties including BP Siamese, Blacks, Buffs, Striped Roan, Double Rex, Dumbo, Roan, Berkshire, Irish amongst other possibilities.

Kittens can sometimes accompany me to shows for collection throughout the UK.

Cream mice sometimes also available.

http://halcyonrats.weebly.com/
Lisa Irvine
(formerly known as muppettdog on the old FR)
Halcyon Rats of Lowestoft, Suffolk

Mulberry Jane

Post by Mulberry Jane » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Mulberry Rats
Suffolk/Essex/Cambrigeshire borders

I am a small scale breeder with a chocolate based line of lovely natured, friendly rats. I have occasional litters of self coloured, top eared kittens in chocolate, lilac, buff, champagne, powder chocolate & blue ... and am working towards coffee coats & long lived, healthy rats with current Mulberry temperaments.
Jane @ Mulberry Rats ... and Mulberry kittens too.

http://www.mulberryrats.com

Jem Q

Post by Jem Q » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Comis Stud
Bedford

Breeding a few litters a year in cinnamon (essex and self, possibly dumbo), silver fawn and champagne (top ear and dumbo). We might also have agouti and black in upcoming litters.
Health and temperament are priorities but sometimes we're lucky enough to breed rats who do well in both pet and varieties shows. The majority of kittens are pet only.
We attend shows regularly and may be able to exchange kittens at some with show sec permission.

http://www.comisrats.com

Jem Q

Post by Jem Q » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:16 am

Figwit Rats
Bedford

Having bred alongside someone else for a few years, I'm now going solo and aiming for my dream variety - Masked. This will be a very long term project with lots of mismarks along the way, but coming from established lines they should make lovely pets.

Alongside Masked I'll also be breeding for Golden/Shaded, so will get a fair few Siamese and Himi (both eye colours), and Burmese based litters :) Some may be Dumbo and/or Rex.

While my long term goal is to get a New Variety standard for Masked, health, type and temperament will be priorities.

[You can search Figwit Rats on Facebook for our page if you don't like the forum style site :)]

Return to “Breeders”